Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there suggested parts and tools take along on long rides? Usual suspects that break often enuff to justify having a spare with you....

thanks for any ideas!

GiG

·
Registered
491 Posts
dido what chris said ! i carry a small tool bag under the hood and in it is spark plugs , fuses, zipties , misc bolts and nuts , spare belt and the tools to use on the car , a small set of jumper cables and as a last resort a tow rope thats been well used ! but most of all knowlege is everything , you can carry all the spare parts and tools your car can haul but if you dont know how to fix it they are useless .

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I am going to start towing behind me a brand new XTZ on every ride because I am having a hard time narrowing it down. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I guess it depends on where (and how) you ride. I ride over dirt road with lots of sharp rocks and a not so great set of tires :eek:......I definitely travel with a compressor and a half dozen tire plugs. A spare tire would be ideal (but then you need a jack too)

I just changed the drive belt on my machine. I never would have thought of carrying a spare belt. My local dealer was even surprised that my machine tore up a belt - never seen it before he said.

Ditto on the spare plug and miscelllaneous wrenches/nuts/bolts.

OH....and don't forget the cellphone and the all-important tow rope!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
All the above and a beer to drink while you wait for help.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I also carry a Ball Joint and a tie rod end. With me.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
You don't really need a jack. Just ratchet strap up the opposite corner of your cat that is flat. Then ratchet up the one that is flat some. Then just teader it and change your tire. Works great and no heavy jack to haul around.
I guess it depends on where (and how) you ride. I ride over dirt road with lots of sharp rocks and a not so great set of tires :eek:......I definitely travel with a compressor and a half dozen tire plugs. A spare tire would be ideal (but then you need a jack too)

I just changed the drive belt on my machine. I never would have thought of carrying a spare belt. My local dealer was even surprised that my machine tore up a belt - never seen it before he said.

Ditto on the spare plug and miscelllaneous wrenches/nuts/bolts.

OH....and don't forget the cellphone and the all-important tow rope!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts