Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if can replace my 07 xt motor with a 700 efi motor and use my carb and exhaust with jet change or do I need a new wiring harness ,ecm and fuel injection. Must of lost oil pressure and the top end is junk now. I assume the bottom has some damage , but it was still running just with more valve noise than normal. Was going to trade in next 6 months. Now engine goes with 1250 mi. no warning of problem, oil a top of full mark, just started making more valve noise.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Does anyone know if can replace my 07 xt motor with a 700 efi motor and use my carb and exhaust with jet change or do I need a new wiring harness ,ecm and fuel injection. Must of lost oil pressure and the top end is junk now. I assume the bottom has some damage , but it was still running just with more valve noise than normal. Was going to trade in next 6 months. Now engine goes with 1250 mi. no warning of problem, oil a top of full mark, just started making more valve noise.

did you try adjusting the valves first before you condem it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep went to ajust them and there was alot play on both intakes , ajustment screws were tight, just way to much lash. So removed valve cover , cam and fallowers were dry with excessive ware , cam bearing surface has damage also. Hope you guys can understand this my spelling isn't the best

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You will need motor mount bushings for the 700. You will need to install your rotor and stator from your 650 and also re use your carb intake.

This is just info I have from researching putting the 700efi on my 650. Way too many parts to go that way.

Best of luck with the change over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Riddler found 700 parts and engine , haven't seen much for a 650, rather put it back stock. I don't want spend thousands on a machine that doesn't have alot of value left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts