Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been stalking these forums but can't seem to figure it out

The starter clutch said good bye broke off taking parts with it and cracking the case. I can't seem to find anyone with a replacement engine and the rebuilds I've been quoted are insane.
I have seen 650 quad engines and wondered if they would work at this point I'm just stuck if anyone has any ideas i would be greatful

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum, unless you can do the labor yourself it would probably be cheaper to buy a new engine and drop in yourself.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Have you looked at Power Sports Nation? They have many quality used parts. If you are familiar with the engine, and can do the work, buy a used case. I've seem cases listed at around 400.00 dollars. Buying a used engine is an option, a rebuilt, or new would be my first choice as they come complete minus carburetor. I don't know about the ATV engines, everything I've seen looks like they are about the same, but......................

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I looked in Ebay and they listed a right side case for 199.00 dollars. Lot of work involved to swap a case out! I usually look in EBAY, "Arctic Cat Prowler parts in ATV Parts"

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
You might check the motor mounts on the quad cases first, I think the prowler engines are mounted the backwards compared to the quads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried power sports nation they said they didn't have 1 at this time. A user told me the quad engine is the same except for the clutch exhaust spent a lot of time searching but can't find a rebuilt or new just used quad engines. With my luck with offroad engines lately not sure it would be cheaper for me to rebuild it myself

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any ideas where to find a new or rebuilt engine to drop in I've tried ebay and powersportsnation even the dealership

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
What year Prowler?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see guys posting they don't want to pay 2k for a new engine where are they finding these I can't find a rebuilt or new and the dealership told me there's no such thing

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
It's been several years but I bought my engine from a dealer about 35 miles from me. They had to order it from AC took about a week to get and was around 3K.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Arctic Cat Part number is 0437-072 for a complete engine assembly. 2,999.00. I'm sure Babbitts, or Country Cat will show a better price. Shipping will have to be added. They used the same part number for years 2006 - 2009. The plus on a new engine is the warranty, comes with all new clutch parts, all the upgrades through the years, and you start fresh!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
If you order through the Arctic Cat Store, they will ship to a participating dealer for pickup and no shipping fee. Downside is paying sales tax, and finding a dealer that they will ship to!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts