Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my father who is 76 yrs old just bought a 2009 prowler xtx700. He finds it quite noisy and I have to agree with him. I'm wondering if anyone on this site has done some kind of insulating of the engine compartement to lower the noise. I would appreciate any advice or ideas to making his ride more enjoyable.

thanks in advance.
Paul

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
my father who is 76 yrs old just bought a 2009 prowler xtx700. He finds it quite noisy and I have to agree with him. I'm wondering if anyone on this site has done some kind of insulating of the engine compartement to lower the noise. I would appreciate any advice or ideas to making his ride more enjoyable.

Paul
Welcome to the site.
Go on Ebay and buy some Dynamat and line the underside of engine cover with it,It will help alot on noise and heat, I did mine for 16 bucks.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
How many sq. ft. did it take to do?????
I bought 10sf and I some left over. Just checked ebay and the prices have gone up since I did mine.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thank you, I was trying to measure mine but kept coming up with diffrent figures.. Thanks again
Your Welcome. Sorry its gone up in price since I did mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, was the noise reduction worth $100 or more.....was it noticably quietter? Did you plug the gap between the hood and the back panel, its like an inch gap at the back of the cover. If you did what did you use there?

Thanks again for replying.
take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts