Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends! In November 2019, the engine was overhauled (in Moscow). With the replacement of the crankshaft, piston group, oil pump and much more. It turned out to be about 4300 dollars. It turned out well. The engine stopped eating oil. Fuel consumption has decreased significantly. The engine runs softer. I am happy, but a little expensive).
I wanted to buy in the USA, the engine after repair, but delivery to Russia is expensive. And for a long time.
I apologize for the translation!

·
Administrator
7,159 Posts
Евгений;408335 said:
Hello friends! In November 2019, the engine was overhauled (in Moscow). With the replacement of the crankshaft, piston group, oil pump and much more. It turned out to be about 4300 dollars. It turned out well. The engine stopped eating oil. Fuel consumption has decreased significantly. The engine runs softer. I am happy, but a little expensive).
I wanted to buy in the USA, the engine after repair, but delivery to Russia is expensive. And for a long time.
I apologize for the translation!
No apology needed! Rebuilding these is a good investment. We in the United States fail at times to see how lucky we are! I've rebuilt several 700 motors. Glad you have it running!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your kind word! Yes, spare parts (in Russia) for our cars are expensive. And delivery to Russia can take up to a month. But this is only for rare spare parts. The main ones are available. In Russia, the UTV ArcticCat brand is a rarity. More SF-moto.

·
Administrator
7,159 Posts
Prowlers are becoming obsolete here! The original Prowlers ended in 2017. Textron took over, and has a pretty decent product line up, and a Prowler 500 model. I still have my old 2009 700 XTX. It still operates, and runs very good! I'm too old to switch!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned a cat for two years. I really like my cat. Although, so far, I repaired it more than I went) It came to me in a very bad condition. Looking forward to spring)

·
Administrator
7,159 Posts
Евгений;408359 said:
I've owned a cat for two years. I really like my cat. Although, so far, I repaired it more than I went) It came to me in a very bad condition. Looking forward to spring)
I'm pushing over 12,000 miles on mine, routine maintenance will extend the life of a Prowler. I go overboard on mine, but I like to tinker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts