Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a siezed engine in a 07 650. I am going to have the local shop rebuild it, but first I need to remove it. Are there any tips I should know before I begain? Also I'd really like a little more power as I have already added 529 - 27" tires. What can I have the shop do to acomplish this? I have discussed a 700 kit, but I'm sure there is more. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had my 07 650 sieze up last year. PCP Offroad took it apart and found the problem. Unfortunely a part came off inside and flew around in the engine and chewed up a bunch of other things (camshaft etc.).

While they had it open and since I had to replace the piston I had them put a higher compression piston in. Also had them install a K&N/UNI open air filter. In the end with those two things and a tune on the dyno I increased the HP by 7.66 (35%) over stock.

So far the rebuild has held up with no problems (knock on wood). Although its a little louder when I step on it. The wife doesnt like that part :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm kinda uninformed at the mechanics of these side x sides I appreceiate your input. Cam & clutch makes good sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input. so far I've been told to cam it up a bit, different clutch, have some head work done, higher compression piston, and of course the K&N. I also plan to add the 700 kit. It all sounds good to me. I put 27-11X14 AT589's on and it sure did rob the power. Engine comes out tomorrow, and to the shop wednesday. Can"t wait til it's up and running again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What clutch? I have 27-11-14 AT589 tires. They took a lot of power. I need it back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts