Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was just checking out the EPI site and was wondering if anyone has tried any of the clutch kits on their bikes.. I would prefer to send mine to adam but I live in Canada and it would be a big expense just to ship em down there. Is removing my wet clutch on my '10 700 xtx a big job? are these kits worth looking at or should I just spend the extra and ship em down to Adam. I'm just looking to liven up my toy when there's two big boys in it and to give me a more aggressive setup for trail and the occasional mud hole. Also.. after I remove the clutch cover do I need to get a new gasket for it or can I reuse the same one?

Thanks for any input,
M

·
Registered
15 Posts
Getting the wet clutch off is a PITA they are really on there, you need a very powerful 1/2" drive air impact, to spin the nut off (it has left hand thread). You should replace the gasket, if you don't have one on hand when you take it apart, it will rip lol.
The post office has affordable shipping from the us to canada and vice versa

·
Registered
618 Posts
Why are you going into the wet clutch? I don't think there is enough to be gained in changing the wet springs, you just rev higher before engaging.

If I were to do any clutch work it would be Airdams and changing the secondary spring, as you can get the low down grunt and still keep your top end speed.

·
Registered
618 Posts
And as stated if you use the Postal Service shipping is considerably cheaper and no duties or UPS fees.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts