Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as we know not much available for A/C in aftermarket .. a friend found this and sent me a link

Our Medium Racks | Colorado Rugged Racks

looks nice n sturdy, be great for those long pack in trips or hunting trips

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
Could almost replace pulling a trailer. Nice system! RD

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
replacing trailer ... only for short outings ... just relieve the load on the trailer for the long outings [in my case normal :) ]

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've been thinking about a hood rack to throw extra gear on while hunting, me & my dad usually ride in front and my brother in the bed. We just travel about 5 miles of levees.

My wish list is getting longer that my bank roll.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I've been thinking about a hood rack to throw extra gear on while hunting, me & my dad usually ride in front and my brother in the bed. We just travel about 5 miles of levees.

My wish list is getting longer that my bank roll.
mike it always will.:D:DI was wondering if you needed any help making a wish list.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slight problem with front rack ... if you roll or get stuck and need in the front storage area the hood won't open without moving the rack .. if your upside down or on your side you may have an issue getting it open .. don't ask how I know :)

BTW I now carry my recovery gear in the bed box that I bolted in :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
slight problem with front rack ... if you roll or get stuck and need in the front storage area the hood won't open without moving the rack .. if your upside down or on your side you may have an issue getting it open .. don't ask how I know :)

BTW I now carry my recovery gear in the bed box that I bolted in :)
Gary,I think you need to keep it on 4 wheels,well I have been there too. LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welllll in my case I would be using the top only for extended trip where I'm pulling a trailer .. not a time when I'm using all the power in corners anyway LOL

or using to get a gear box or chairs off the floor so Jake [my border collie] can have some move around room .... the heavy stuff wouldn't be up there with mine when I get one [now that I was turned on to them] .. but retirement $$ come a bit slower these days especially at tax time.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
they are nice , installed mine about June last year , but haven't put many miles on since .. had knee replacement to deal with , so I'm looking forward to this years use .
not sure how much use this year either as I think about it , getting married end of June , taking a long trip to the east coast july to see wife to be's family in N.C. [getting up in years , probably last time to see them] and then on to USofA founding history along with revolutionary and civil war history. and along the way stop in to as many National Parks and State Parks as we can fit into the trip .. I expect to be gone at least a couple months and the ride months grow short fast in the mountains.

BTW there is another thread with pic's of it mounted in the bed

here .. http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-exterior-discussions/7186-so-buy-now-button-strikes-again.html

·
Administrator
7,254 Posts
Sounds like a great plan! Congrats

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
they are nice , installed mine about June last year , but haven't put many miles on since .. had knee replacement to deal with , so I'm looking forward to this years use .
not sure how much use this year either as I think about it , getting married end of June , taking a long trip to the east coast july to see wife to be's family in N.C. [getting up in years , probably last time to see them] and then on to USofA founding history along with revolutionary and civil war history. and along the way stop in to as many National Parks and State Parks as we can fit into the trip .. I expect to be gone at least a couple months and the ride months grow short fast in the mountains.

here .. http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-exterior-discussions/7186-so-buy-now-button-strikes-again.html
Yea N.C. is gonna be a long haul from where you live.:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

Gary I just checked out that rack again,that's really nice........:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and it looks goooood too LOL

Thank You !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts