Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:cool:
Hi, im new to this site and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that could help me trouble shoot something. I started having excessive noise coming from the rear end and it sounded like the differential, so i purchased a new one, and while putting back together I bought the new model rotor and brake pads. I finished about 3 days ago, and all went well until today. SAME noise! And I know the diff couldn't be bad already, I mainly drive it at a recreation area. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!!!

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Welcome to the site, Not sure about the rear diff, could it be something else making the noise other than the rear diff?

I think the drive train in these make alot of noise, compared to my other utv.

How many miles do you have on it?

I wanted to edit this and add, with the more power my AC puts out I exspected it to be louder than my other little utv. please dont flame me:( lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Is it a ratcheting sound as you slow? If so its in the trans and even the Rhino does that
Is it a jingling noise as you cruise? There is a spring kit to keep the brake pads from vibrating on their pins.
What does yours sound like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. and I just found out what it was....
the rear brake pads are bouncing around on the caliper rods, and i just got through ordering the spring kit for it from babbits:( ..... hope it gets here quick enough! sounds drive me nuts!!! I am a ASE certified mechanic, and i think everything should be built like a ferrari.

Thanks to all

By the way, anyone need a differential? 628 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Sounds like you might want to keep it the way you go through them. quote=arcticfat;4244]Hey guys, thanks for the replies. and I just found out what it was....
the rear brake pads are bouncing around on the caliper rods, and i just got through ordering the spring kit for it from babbits:( ..... hope it gets here quick enough! sounds drive me nuts!!! I am a ASE certified mechanic, and i think everything should be built like a ferrari.

Thanks to all

By the way, anyone need a differential? 628 miles on it.[/quote]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts