Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping anyone out there with a 650 would sound off if they have added after market exhaust and or a clutch kit. I had my mind made up on the Looney tuned dual guns but after a pretty big modification had to be done under the bed to accomidate batteries for all the electronics I run the dual exhaust is out (>_<). Some of the exhaust slip ons I have looked at say you should buy the clutch kit to go with them but there is alot of options and it all seems pretty specialized for certain tasks and I am still trying to find what it is I like to do the most in it :D versitility what a burden :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
We run our own exhaust on our 650H1 with an OEM muffler. The OEM keeps the DB's from getting to loud and the added lenght lets you tune the engine a little better. You don't want to lose all your back pressure. We recommend with any aftermarket exhaust you re-jet the carb and let the engine recieve a little more air. The clutch really doesn't need to be messed with. AC makes one of the best clutches on the market. All you have to do is play with the OEM setting (a little work envolved) and use the better AC pucks. Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We think the green pucks are the better choice and as far as the clutch goes, when you get the clutch cover torn apart you can pull the Sheaves off and adjust from that point. The clutch has settings on the sheave A,B,C - 1,2,3 and 4. Make the adjustment, then put it back together without the cover on, run it and if you don't like how it hits take it apart and do it again. Make sure to write and/or take notes. Making the adjustments go from hitting on the top end to hitting on the bottom end. Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
277 Posts
Very happy with my Speedwerx full system on my '07 650. It is louder than stock without being too loud. My Prowler no longer sounds like a lawn mower. A bit more "snap" with the right jetting, too.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Very happy with my Speedwerx full system on my '07 650. It is louder than stock without being too loud. My Prowler no longer sounds like a lawn mower. A bit more "snap" with the right jetting, too.
You have their full exhaust not the slip on? Also, have you used any of their clutch kits?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts