• No --Save your money

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few months here my 6mo manufacture warranty will be up.

Right now she is in for head gaskets, diff seals, water pump gasket, (and a 4 seater cage;))

How many of you have purchased the extended warranty? Or would advise on purchasing the warranty.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
That is a tough one. A thousand is kinda high I think. But on the other side it could be cheap if something major goes wrong. I guess it depends on if you are confident that you will not have any other issues other than what you have right now. As far as I know they are transferable and that could help with resale later.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You could also look at it this way...if you have the $1k now, you might not have it later when something major needs to be fixed. I don't know, but the $1k is alot cheaper than a motor if needed later.

·
Registered
142 Posts
extended warranty doesnt eliminate the real problem.. idiot dealers.. at least in my case.. I have extended warranty and didnt use it because my local dealer wont do or doesnt know howto repair it correctly.. I know there are some excellent dealers on this board but it didnt make sense for me to spend $200 in gas to bring my arctic cat to them when I could spend $200 in parts and know its done right.. wonder if i can cash out my extended warranty

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
My dealer sold me the extended warranty as part of my XTZ original purchase. I was facing the fact that I would not likely be able to ride until spring and the warranty would be expiring. He sold the extended plan to me for $600.

In light of some of the issues others have experienced, I feel okay about getting the one I did. I figure after spending $14,000+, I could invest in an extended warranty AND full coverage insurance to protect my expenditure.

I had an extended plan on my Rhino (the Yamaha YES Plan). I bought it just before the first warranty expired. I never used it, but I did shop for it and found a big difference in various dealer's selling prices for the same warranty. I did not bother shopping for the Arctic Cat warranty as the $600 price offered was what I would expect to get after shopping around.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
In a few months here my 6mo manufacture warranty will be up.

Right now she is in for head gaskets, diff seals, water pump gasket, (and a 4 seater cage;))

How many of you have purchased the extended warranty? Or would advise on purchasing the warranty.
All I can tell you as a Retired Ford Tech, when customers would come back in the shop and ask if they should get an extended warranty all I can say is HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! Even thou I made less money doing warranty work, It could pay for itself the first time you use it. GET IT!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of your input!

I will shop around for some pricing on the warranty, $600 doesnt sound too bad. I guess it goes along with purchasing insurance on the thing, I can afford the $500 for the full replacement policy, but I couldnt afford to purchase another one if I wreck it good. As of right this second there are no plans for turbo either:cool:

My prowler is currently at prestige, and from what I have heard it is in good hands.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just remember if you do some after-market engine mods that might void you extended warranty. I ran into that problem with my trx450r/510r.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dont do it. all the extended warranty is by cat care. they suck!! i bought 4 1/2 years worth and its worthless. they make alot of promises but when its time to collect they always seem to find a way to deny it. read the fine print word for word. unless it is a factory defect that you can prove you could not have caused they will deny it. if you have any dust in your airfilter they will turn you down. if you have anything but stock they will turn you down.even same size tires that are more aggresive than stock they will deny your claim. good luck. i hope mine is an isolated case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i've never been a person to buy an extended warranty........but after reading all these problems with the cat.....i'd seriously consider it.......

i could swallow 600 but 1000 is really pushing it! also, look at your skills....can you fix just about anything that would go wrong, as long as you bought the parts?

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I purchased extended warranty for my 2007 prowler...best investment I ever made, had and engine failure..bearings, shock..all covered
It was also a good feature when I traded it in, it still had 6 months extended
got a good value for the trade. I also purchased it for my 2010 XTX
and with the promo that Cat had on I now have warranty for 4 (yes 4) years
It was well worth it for me

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Only had one claim with Cat Care it was handled great no problems, Sure wish I still had Cat Care now!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Suppose it would depend on what the coverage was, any deduct, how long, and how much. Purchased a 2007 Harley from a private source with 2 months initial warranty left on it so I went to Harley and they advised that while it was still under original warranty I could purchase an additional period with unlimited mileage with a $50 deduct. I managed to buy the bike at a very good price and took my savings from the purchase and got the warranty. Phew, glad I did! Already paid for itself and I'm still under full warranty til 2014 on a 2007 bike. This circumstance, IMO, was well worth the money. I do believe usually that extended warranty might be a loser, but for me on this isolated incident it has paid off. By the way, a new bike now is upward or at 30k now, so I'm happy I bought it.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I didnt get the extra warranty when i bought my prowler, i bought it on three new honda atvs before the prowler and never used them.I think i just got darn lucky on the prowler being a first year machine.AND WHAT DID I GO AND DO BOUGHT ANOTHER HONDA ATV AND BOUGHT THE EXTRA WARRANTY. WTF.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts