Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 XTX, dust and heat in the drivers/passenger compartment has been an issue. I noticed that the 2010 and up Prowlers have a dust sheild in place. I ran across a kit at my local small engine repair shop, and he gave it to me, I don't think he knew what he had. Anyway Long Story Short I was able to adapt it to my 2009, it involved drilling the seatbacks, and trimming the wheelwell sheilds behind the seats. Also had to trim holes for my snorkles. All in all It Worked out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
looks good RD should help a lot when its dusty.your gonna run out of things to do.I guess you could get rid of that turf saver rear end.:D:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
So is that a 2010 or newer AC shield, or is that some generic kit for something else? How much and how do we get one?:D

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is on the list! RD

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
So is that a 2010 or newer AC shield, or is that some generic kit for something else? How much and how do we get one?:D
shane,thats factory articcat,they started putting them on in 2010,I went over to the articcat shop and looked at the new ones,on the new ones you can't hardly see between the bed and cab,It would help on the dust a lot.I think mlh1962 priced that set up close to 200 dollars.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shane, and Mike: Number 18 is the assembly, Babbitts listed it at 176.00 plus shipping. The dealer I got it from just bought th business, it was in the inventory he received. He knew I had a Prowler and gave it to me (We do trade favors!), I didn't know if it would fit, but what's a guy supposed to do with spare parts but make em work. Not sure what other year machines it could work on. A couple of mouthes ago someone posted a simple fix for a bed to cab seal, it moy be what you are looking for. Just from plowing since it has been installed it is a lot quieter, hard to tell about the heat as it has been 20-30 out each day.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Shane, and Mike: Number 18 is the assembly, Babbitts listed it at 176.00 plus shipping. The dealer I got it from just bought th business, it was in the inventory he received. He knew I had a Prowler and gave it to me (We do trade favors!), I didn't know if it would fit, but what's a guy supposed to do with spare parts but make em work. Not sure what other year machines it could work on. A couple of mouthes ago someone posted a simple fix for a bed to cab seal, it moy be what you are looking for. Just from plowing since it has been installed it is a lot quieter, hard to tell about the heat as it has been 20-30 out each day.
that was a very nice favor he did for you.:)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike (from Missouri), I like to use factory concepts wherever possible, I like to make subtle changes! Keep people guessing! It is a 5 piece kit, 2 Outer Panels, 2 inner insulated panels, and the top seal. I did install the drivers side seat back that has the filter access. It was where I was able to place my battery solenoid. Used to be on the roll bar.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Mike (from Missouri), I like to use factory concepts wherever possible, I like to make subtle changes! Keep people guessing! It is a 5 piece kit, 2 Outer Panels, 2 inner insulated panels, and the top seal. I did install the drivers side seat back that has the filter access. It was where I was able to place my battery solenoid. Used to be on the roll bar.
I'll have to add that to my wish list, and it's getting long!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I need to dump my Cabela's Card and get a Bass Pro card maybe I can use my points to buy Prowler parts.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is Bass Pro an AC dealer? I didn'tnow that! Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
That dust shield looks sweet! Add one more item to my project list. My wife will love me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I have one already, but never thought about wrapping the exhaust - I have a roll of that in the garage somewhere for use on the 68 truck headers - think it'll wound up on the AC exhaust this weekend :)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wrapping the exhaust helped, moving the clutch discharge air also helped to get rid of heat. Dust shield has sure made it better, good change by AC on the 10 and up models.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it was a good improvement! I have the factory duct work that moved the clutch intake to behind the drivers seat. Not sure how it fits, it looks very tight! Maybe some day! From what I understand the filter access on the 700's was on the passenger side, and the 1000's on the drivers side. Both seat backs are available through AC.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts