Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you give me what you would consider a good buy for a 09 xtz. Looking at one for around $8500. What are they selling for ?

·
Registered
463 Posts
What extras does it have? how many miles on it? what repairs were made if any.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow $8500 for a used XTZ is a great buy unless it doesnt run or something. 2009 is the first year they came out and 2001 just came out. I got my 2009 less than a year ago brand new so the machine cant be too old.

I wouldn't let anyone even near my 2009 XTZ 1000 for $8500.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd ask the seller if he has had any mechanical difficulties with it, what dealer he bought it from, and if he had it serviced; where. Calling the dealer and possibly the mechanic who worked on it can yield a wealth of info about that specific machine; especially if the mechanic is at the dealer and they'll want to talk you into a new machine. I got burned by "trusting" somebody who fit all the criteria of an honorable seller and now mine's in the shop getting new piston, rings, and a jug. Learned my lesson the hard way.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'd ask the seller if he has had any mechanical difficulties with it, what dealer he bought it from, and if he had it serviced; where. Calling the dealer and possibly the mechanic who worked on it can yield a wealth of info about that specific machine; especially if the mechanic is at the dealer and they'll want to talk you into a new machine. I got burned by "trusting" somebody who fit all the criteria of an honorable seller and now mine's in the shop getting new piston, rings, and a jug. Learned my lesson the hard way.
650 right? Did you go big bore?

·
Registered
463 Posts
It sounds like a fair deal just realy look it over before you pay. Check for wear and tear all over, check for water in oil. Ask for proof of any maintanence. And what kind of riding they did like mud or sand or trails. Good luck I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, fellows I missed it. It was on E-bay. The buy it now price was $8800. Normally a item will get a top bid of a few hundred of the asking price. I was ready to pay that amount and would have probably paid the buy it now price after thinking it over. Some one beat me to the punch. Went for $8750. Well win some and loose some. Looks like I lost this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts