·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UTVINC has the prowler fan override kit for 34 dollars with A/C rocker switch..........
Wow that's a lot less and considering this one wants 12 bucks for shipping.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Not something I plan on doing, after the Hatfield McCoy ride, and we rode hard! Water Temp never went over 185, usually around 170, my oil temp did see 220, but that was a lot of throttle, and hard pulling. anything over 220 on oil, and less than 290 on syn. oil is good, boils off any moisture in the oil.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Not something I plan on doing, after the Hatfield McCoy ride, and we rode hard! Water Temp never went over 185, usually around 170, my oil temp did see 220, but that was a lot of throttle, and hard pulling. anything over 220 on oil, and less than 290 on syn. oil is good, boils off any moisture in the oil.
Even If you have the fan override switch if the fan goes bad your still screwed.mine was same temp as RD 185 then the fan kicks on and bring's it back down to 155 degrees.

·
Registered
282 Posts
one of the nice things about the switch, not that it worth 35 bucks, but the switch will back light when your fan is on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
My fan connection got water in it or something. I don't know if utvinc said to tap into the line before or after the connection, but im changing mine to after the connection, closest to the fan.

My override would not work cause it was going through that connector. Hopefully now if the connection goes down I will still be able to power the fan with the switch. Not sure what the ramifications are or if I just installed it wrong.

Also got some large shrink tube for all the plastic connectors. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My fan connection got water in it or something. I don't know if utvinc said to tap into the line before or after the connection, but im changing mine to after the connection, closest to the fan.

My override would not work cause it was going through that connector. Hopefully now if the connection goes down I will still be able to power the fan with the switch. Not sure what the ramifications are or if I just installed it wrong.

Also got some large shrink tube for all the plastic connectors. hope this helps
Let us know how you wired it up,pictures if you can.thanks:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts