Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to axin' a bunch of q's... now that I have some significant hard-to-find cash wrapped up in my cat I wanna protect it...

I have to store my cat in woods where we have a bunch of field mice. any ancient chinese secrets to keep them from nawing on my wiring or nesting in my engine compartment?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dryer sheets, hardware store has these little bags of something sorry cant rmeber.
why u parkin it in the woods?
we have a cabin in Crown King AZ - which has some of the best trails and exploring anywhere! Once I get my cat back in business I hope to organize a group ride so I can tour-guide barbie some locals to a few very cool mines that most folks dont know about.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yep, Bounce dryer sheets. Put them in several locations, glove box, air box, skid plates, tailpipe, etc.

Just be sure to remove them as they are very flammable, if you doubt it light a match to one, just be sure not to be holding it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, Bounce dryer sheets. Put them in several locations, glove box, air box, skid plates, tailpipe, etc.

Just be sure to remove them as they are very flammable, if you doubt it light a match to one, just be sure not to be holding it.
do rodents have something against smelling fresh???

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not sure what it is about the Bounce but I've never had a mouse issue since I started using them about 12-15 years ago.

Now I only use Bounce as I know it works, haven't tried other brands and don't intend to. The ones we spread through the camper still smell when taking them out in the spring and still have the oily smell so I'm guessing the scent is something that repels them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mice repellent

One of the better repellents of mice is moth balls - alot of people avoid them due to toxicity, but apparently they work

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another item that seems to work well also, Irish Spring bar soap. Again a strong odor critters don't seem to like.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts