Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting close to finished. Maybe have 12 hours time involved and 150.00 in steel, hinges, and rivets. Not decided on the latch yet. I think I like them. I'll get better photos when I pull it out of the garage.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
They are looking good! Those fit better than my buddies from Trader Hanks. Very nice...

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
They look great! Don't you just hate to save 400.oo dollars by doing your own? LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are looking good! Those fit better than my buddies from Trader Hanks. Very nice...
I was real close to ordering the Trader Hank doors at 479.00 but they were out of stock. Now I'm glad they were!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your doors look great,good job..........What does the trader hank doors look like.
Vinyl skin 2 piece, grandpa doors :eek: Nah, they are pretty nice doors!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Trader Hanks will not work on XTZ, I will fab up some doors similar to the way polaris has theirs. I will fab them in the spring when the tractor is out of the garage and the 4ton of pellets gets depleted and I can get the welder home and free up some space on my side of the garage

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My buddy ordered a set from Trader Hanks. They fit terrible. Sent them back. Took 8 months to get resolved. He sent Shock Pros a template. He finally got a set a month ago. They fit as bad as the first set. Sad part was Trader Hanks disregard to take care of it. Very bad service. Before ordering a set from Trader Hanks, everyone needs to read this post. Tim's fit like crap, too. http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-exterior-discussions/15354-just-ordered-new-doors.html
I read the attached post and I'm sure glad I didn't order those doors, although they did tell me they have a new fitted door that fits much better at the top...........STILL! Not for me!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
He went straight through ShockPro to get them. They are close, he is keeping them, but they needed alot of tweaking. They did fit better at the top. But the hinges were still off by an inch or so. They are too short at the back and 2" away from the floor frame. They just need to make the frames a 1 1/2" longer and taller and they would fit to the back post and fill the gap at the bottom. I do like the simple door handle. And the idea that the window can be removed is cool, too. If they could make them fit right, they would be great. If Trader Hank would have helped my friend out, that would have saved them face. They cancelled his order, after they read my post in the original post. Left him out of his doors AND his money, for 8 months. They finally did re-imburse him, but it was a battle. He went straight through ShockPro to get them. They are close, he is keeping them, but they needed alot of tweaking.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Good to know! I'll avoid them like the plague! Just settling in for smaller projects until the warm weather comes back! Making a drill jig, and welding jig for brackets and plan on making more alternator brackets. While a driveline driven alternator is not for everybody, it does take a load off of the stator, and delivers a steady 14 volts at cruse, regardless of what is turned on. Trying to keep the cost low, and still provide a quality product. These will be a bolt on project when completed.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I'm going say, the alternator is the best thing I've done to mine. What a difference. The starter sounds much stronger and wings over faster. The battery keeps up with running the plow, lights, defroster and Blue Tooth headset. Before, it died after 2 hours of running the same stuff and had to be rescued by my jumper box. Which I may not need any more, but will keep in the "oh ****" kit.
Sorry to side line the door thread, again.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Very happy to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL, now you can buy me that drink!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I hear ya on the warmer weather projects, finish the alternator project for the XTZ, and Doors also.. Might put tracks on today.. got another 2" last night.. we have 6" total on the ground and 3" of it is ice pack.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Every time I see that picture of your Cat with tracks I want to go buy a set! My wife would shoot me! Better to just think about warm weather, and stay alive! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Every time I see that picture of your Cat with tracks I want to go buy a set! My wife would shoot me! Better to just think about warm weather, and stay alive! LOL
The tracks would cost more than my buggy is worth!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
RD, you could Mc Gyver a set in a day or two!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
First off...those doors look awesome! it looks like 1/2 square stock frame? gonna make me some for the warmer weather. Have a full enclosed cab for the winter but its a bit too warm in the summer. And RD I am interested in your alternator install kit when my ride is going again.

cheers

Rod

1 - 20 of 21 Posts