Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, been riding sleds, ATV's, motorcycles and boats all of my life and never owned a UTV. Made a deal on a Prowler yesterday morning and I get to pick it up tomorrow night. Going straight on a trailer and up to my place in Hurley on Wednesday. It's beautiful, either an 09 or 10. I know everyone likes the 10 better but I don't know how to tell them apart and the owner didn't have the paperwork handy. Orange with only 106 miles on it, full hard cab enclosure with stereo and cab heat unit. Think the only things I am going to add are the winch, a set of Zillas (need to figure out how big I can go) and 2.5" spacers all the way around. Should be a greater runner for Iron County.

I hope to run into anyone who enjoys the Iron County trail system.

Tcat

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride! sounds like a nice one.. is it a 1000?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride! sounds like a nice one.. is it a 1000?
Yup, she's a 1000. Would appreciate any modding tips anyone with some experience might shoot my way.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome, I wish we had some trails like that in Missouri. There's a few but not very close to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, I wish we had some trails like that in Missouri. There's a few but not very close to me.
They are awesome trails up there. Now they even let the ATV/UTV's run in the winter as well. the guys up there do everything in their power to make you feel welcome. I've been going up there for two and a half decades and just picked up a house this January. Being walking distance to town and a block off the trail prompted this purchase. Can't wait to get her up there for some fun.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
welcome aboard,great site and great members.IF you run 2.5 spacers all around you can run 29 ZILLAS maybe 30'' thats with your pre-load on your shocks cranked up,the only thing that may be a concern is that the xtz will drop a 1'' or 2'' when you set in it,makes it more stable,and if the front tires rub you can put a 2'' lift on it.the xtz should make you a power house,does it have power steering.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome aboard,great site and great members.IF you run 2.5 spacers all around you can run 29 ZILLAS maybe 30'' thats with your pre-load on your shocks cranked up,the only thing that may be a concern is that the xtz will drop a 1'' or 2'' when you set in it,makes it more stable,and if the front tires rub you can put a 2'' lift on it.the xtz should make you a power house,does it have power steering.:)
Yep, she's got power steering. Never really thought about the difference it would make until I got a Yami Grizz 700 with it. As far as the Prowler goes, only thing I have gotten to do with it is go tear-assing around the parking lot where I met the original owner. I can't wait to get it out this weekend to put her through her paces.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
if it's got power steering it's not an '09 unless it's after market.

also heavier springs help these 1000's out a bunch .. 350 lb in rear and take the factory rears and put them on front end ... you'll have the full 13+ inches of clearance they advertise.. they sag bad from the factory and the bed won't hold much weight in stock form.
lots of threads about this so read up.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Howdy Joe ... good to see ya !!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site! The amount of knowledge here is endless, and then add practical experience! Great members, and always willing to help! Have fun ............RD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts