Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Dave and I just bought a Prowler 700 xtx and I already have a question. What a flashing U1000 mean on my display?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I am new to the arctic cat line my self just purchasing an xtz, however I have been searching for an answer to your question and I can find very little info on this code. However it seams like it is some sort of PIN number that has been wrong fully registered to your unit by the dealer. From what I have read it is some what of a registration error.

Beyond that I have no idea if it will have any change in the machine such as on the wild cat where the dealer actually shuts the factory installed speed limiter off when you purchase the unit. I was told that the limiter was in put in place for insurance reasons and liability reasons for the dealers sake.

How true this info is i am not sure... Hope this can get you pointed in the right direction...

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I didn't find any reference in the error codes list. I'd call a dealer for info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for taking the time to search for an answer. I talked to the dealer and he said it is something to do with not letting the machine over rav, but I think the machine is raving
to high even with that code flashing.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to search for an answer. I talked to the dealer and he said it is something to do with not letting the machine over rav, but I think the machine is raving
to high even with that code flashing.
whats your RPMs when riding it,if it's stock you should have a rev limiter to keep it from over reving.

·
Registered
404 Posts
After doing a little bit more research, I did find that it was a engine rev code...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome home!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome and help us help u

all the newbies to the forum should fill in the signature line and location [very general if ya want] ... helps us answer any questions a lil faster as to general ride area, and machine info so we don't have to ask every time u might have a question on another thread.

even some of the "old" guys need to do that :) .. right Joe 'cause us old guys with CRS might post on you question or thread

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Good to know! I also have an XTX 700.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
welcome and help us help u

all the newbies to the forum should fill in the signature line and location [very general if ya want] ... helps us answer any questions a lil faster as to general ride area, and machine info so we don't have to ask every time u might have a question on another thread.

even some of the "old" guys need to do that :) .. right Joe 'cause us old guys with CRS might post on you question or thread
Mine was filled out when they redid my account they lost it Im waiting for them to find it! Plus who knows how long I will be here?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone, I'm sure its not a big deal. I will watch the rpm's for a while and see what happens after I get a few more hours on it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
good find on the code.:)
I may be a newb to the forum, but I'll try like hell to help any one out once!

Btw. Put 180 miles on the buggy time to change the breaking oil..:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Dave and I just bought a Prowler 700 xtx and I already have a question. What a flashing U1000 mean on my display?
it's a code that needs to be put in the ECU the dealer. after so many hours your machine will shut down and not start. This is a theft prevention. The code comes from cat in the usa. If the machine is legit and not HOT. The dealer can program it and your good to go. Other than that if it is Hot it's your loss. Too bad is all I can say.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
it's a code that needs to be put in the ECU the dealer. after so many hours your machine will shut down and not start. This is a theft prevention. The code comes from cat in the usa. If the machine is legit and not HOT. The dealer can program it and your good to go. Other than that if it is Hot it's your loss. Too bad is all I can say.
Very interesting Rob,I didn't see how it could be a high RPM code that's what the rev limiter is for.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts