Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding the trails in Wisconsin with a group of 5, and got a little brave on some of the trails. Nothing happened there. But along the way I picked up a railroad spike in my RR tire. Tire pancaked and tossed the RZR hard to the side. It dug in and flipped on its right side. Hung around for a few minutes in the seat belt until my buddies winched it back over on all four. Glad no one was with, they would have had a hard hit onto the gravel. Gotta say the ROPS system worked, but took the brunt of the punishment. But I was surprised it doesn't have a roll over solenoid! Engine ran for a few seconds until I cut the ignition. (while fuel was pouring out) Coulda been a crispy critter if it would have flamed. 6000 in damage and will be in the shop for about a 3 weeks. Insurance covered it all except for deductible. Moral of the story. Carry good insurance and have fun, you never know how the ride will end!

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Was riding the trails in Wisconsin with a group of 5, and got a little brave on some of the trails. Nothing happened there. But along the way I picked up a railroad spike in my RR tire. Tire pancaked and tossed the RZR hard to the side. It dug in and flipped on its right side. Hung around for a few minutes in the seat belt until my buddies winched it back over on all four. Glad no one was with, they would have had a hard hit onto the gravel. Gotta say the ROPS system worked, but took the brunt of the punishment. But I was surprised it doesn't have a roll over solenoid! Engine ran for a few seconds until I cut the ignition. (while fuel was pouring out) Coulda been a crispy critter if it would have flamed. 6000 in damage and will be in the shop for about a 3 weeks. Insurance covered it all except for deductible. Moral of the story. Carry good insurance and have fun, you never know how the ride will end!
Sure glad you are OK!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts