Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I added some addition strength to the floorpan. I stepped on the center of the pan, and it buckled in the middle. I added angle brackets at the front of the seat release mount. also made a piece of diamond plate aluminum to cover the floor, and firewall juncture. Two other pieces were added for the upright areas on both sides. Glad I pulled it down as I found oil in the belt area while changing clutch rollers! Anybody replace the seal, and fixed plate spacer? Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
looks good rd will it ever end???:D

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Haven't had any problems with mine........Yet!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I need to do floor pans also , sure isn't factory strong there .... I have full skids but wouldn't mind the additional strength.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Looks good RD.....................whats next.:D

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixing oil leaking into dive belt! Need to press the clutch housing out of the inner clutch cover, oil seal has a distorted surface! My friend has a hydraulic press, and the parts are ordered! Thank god for manuals!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Fixing oil leaking into dive belt! Need to press the clutch housing out of the inner clutch cover, oil seal has a distorted surface! My friend has a hydraulic press, and the parts are ordered! Thank god for manuals!
What made you decide to change weights.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't feel right while plowing! Now I know why, oil on the belt and sheaves. I can't complain, 4700 plus miles, numerous teardowns, and the seal failed, or damaged on a teardown! Learning more every time I work on it!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Didn't feel right while plowing! Now I know why, oil on the belt and sheaves. I can't complain, 4700 plus miles, numerous teardowns, and the seal failed, or damaged on a teardown! Learning more every time I work on it!
What seal was it.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Inner side of the clutch housing, and when I press it out I plan on replacing the "O" ring.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Has anyone split the floor pan on an XTZ1000 for ease of cleaning the clutch?

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like a good idea! Only concern is the limited support in the center of the pan. Not really an issue, but something that would need to be addressed. I buckled my floor once, decided to put a support bracket on the seat release bracket. Good support at that point, no further problems.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I agree on the support. I'm thinking a couple of cross braces across the frame.

They've got a raised support on the rear of the floor so if could duplicate I think it's doable

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would really simplify clutch work! On the XTZ the is the clutch on the right side?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes, need to pull the gas tank to get to the clutch cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes, need to pull the gas tank to get to the clutch cover.
You can get it off far enough to measure the belt without moving the gas tank. Belt new is 35MM or 1.3780 in.
Mine XTZ1000 has 6562 miles and the belt still measures 1.3780 in.
DON~~~

·
Registered
288 Posts
I added some addition strength to the floorpan. I stepped on the center of the pan, and it buckled in the middle. I added angle brackets at the front of the seat release mount. also made a piece of diamond plate aluminum to cover the floor, and firewall juncture. Two other pieces were added for the upright areas on both sides. Glad I pulled it down as I found oil in the belt area while changing clutch rollers! Anybody replace the seal, and fixed plate spacer? Thanks
I am wondering what the round inspection cover is for on the engine cover? Nice job installing it.
DON~~~

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed for checking the oil before every ride. It is from Summit Racing, Anthony Jones Racing. Fuel door/access panel.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you can get it off far enough to measure the belt without moving the gas tank. Belt new is 35mm or 1.3780 in.
mine xtz1000 has 6562 miles and the belt still measures 1.3780 in.
don~~~
thats a lot of miles for the same belt,that great.:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts