Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys I have been unhappy with my tilt wheel in my Prowler for a while so I did something about it. You can disasemble the tilt shaft and replace it with the upper shaft from a non tilt column but you will have to cut grooves in the new upper shaft for the snap rings(I did it with a hacksaw) that will hold it in place in the tilt part that wont tilt anymore. The snap rings held the tilt upper shaft in place. I did it and it is working great. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was just thinking about how to deal with this the other day... mine is starting to get a bit of play in it and it bugs me...I may go that route, did you order the part from Cat?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i found it on craigslist but i think it 27.00 from derby cycles

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
joe,what didnt you like about your tilt wheel,i was bummed out when they come out with it and i didnt have it.maybe that was a good thing................

·
Registered
733 Posts
mine was fine for the first couple seasons but now that I have some miles on it, its rattling and loose up and down motion. I'm going to take it apart to see if there's anything i can do to tighten it up, if not i'm going with joe's route.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Im going to call a spade a spade IT SUCKED Loose as a Goose rattled going down the trail and you could feel the slop in it when you were driving. Bad Design. Sorry Arctic Cat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts