Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever change a frame on 08 650 prowler I bent mine pushing snow I am gonna do it myself I ordered the frame today any pointers.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Here is a few. Anything that unplugs use two pieces of masking tape on. On one side goes a letter or number on the other goes the same or something that will help you identify where wires and hoses go. Also I use ziplock bags to put fasteners and parts together that need to be kept together. I will write where those particular bolts or keepers go etc. Take pics. if you need to. This is very helpful with harness and hose routing.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always take pictures while im taking something apart. It gives me something to look back at when my mind goes blank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks guys I will be doing all of the things mentened I have all the plastic off of it now but the frame wont be here for a few weeks its on back order so now it will sit o well the snow is still way to deep.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks guys I will be doing all of the things mentened I have all the plastic off of it now but the frame wont be here for a few weeks its on back order so now it will sit o well the snow is still way to deep.
make sure when your ready to take it apart its ready to go right back together. Time is a killer for me. if something sits ill forget where something goes..

hint why i take pics lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
I gota ask how much snow were you pushing? And keep the frame it can probably be fixed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics

Well I fabbed up a mount for my 60" cycle county state plow and I made it so it went into the front reciever with one pin (now I know where I went wrong) it was tough if you hit a hard snow bank square but if you hit a really hard buried snow bank with just the edge of the plow it will turn you sideways and bend the front reciever over and the front diff is a little cockeyed I brought it to a body shop on monday and we pulled on it but that front diff is still a little out of wack so I said the hell with it Im getting a new frame that is on back order until feb 27th so this is as far as I can go right now, I am gonna clean the clutches (new belt) and adjust the valves this weekend. winter 2011 046.jpg

Family 2010 015.jpg

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well I fabbed up a mount for my 60" cycle county state plow and I made it so it went into the front reciever with one pin (now I know where I went wrong) it was tough if you hit a hard snow bank square but if you hit a really hard buried snow bank with just the edge of the plow it will turn you sideways and bend the front reciever over and the front diff is a little cockeyed I brought it to a body shop on monday and we pulled on it but that front diff is still a little out of wack so I said the hell with it Im getting a new frame that is on back order until feb 27th so this is as far as I can go right now, I am gonna clean the clutches (new belt) and adjust the valves this weekend. View attachment 1810

View attachment 1811
I bent the heck out of my rear hitch last year pulling several Hondas out of the mud on an all day ride. I easily bent it back in place with a long prybar. Ac sure made them weak for some reason.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya they did. But stronger usualy means heavyer. And they may have wanted them to bend rather than break somthing else. I bent mine pulling a RZRs out of a hole and I giggled the whole time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live 25 miles south of Marquette in Skandia twp but we are listing are house soon and gonna move back towards town (mqt) I am sick of living in this snowbelt the riding around here is pretty good though. Some weekend when we are going up to camp we should meet up some where over by the cozy Inn or up the on AAA by kennacot mine site.

·
Registered
60 Posts
sounds good, i live in L'Anse, but have a camp out in Skanee on Black Creek rd. the my camp is only 6 miles from where the triple A meets snowmachine trail 14. from looking at your pic's on another post i found. some of the people i may have met at the mouth of the Big Huron River last spring, one of the guys had drowned his 4 wheeler in the river and had to be towed home.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont know who that would have been, I swamped a 4 wheeler years ago up by big bay I had to swim for it and the 4 wheeler was upside down floating it was a 95 yamaha wolverine that I bought bran new we changed the oil right out in the woods and the thing is still running last I heard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well its here I got a call late friday after noon to come and get it, I worked on it until midnight last night, this is actually a really fun job I will post lots of pictures in a album when I am done, it should be done today.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Almost done

Well its getting there I put about 28 hours on it last weekend, it got a new belt, clutches cleaned, new brakes & rotor (rear), new battery and all the fliuds were changed, but it still needs a front end alignment and the rest of the plastic put back on, but it will run with a turn of the key, oh ya I did all this with bad chest pains and ended up having a heart attack on tues I went to the hospital on wed afternoon they put a stent in me so I am almost as good as new, it will be done as soon as the wife lets me back out in the garage.

P.S If you ever have chest pains go to the hospital dont wait a week! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
It looks good. Thank God you are ok. Get some rest the cat wont mind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts