Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a thread about a frame replacement caused by snow plowing - also read someone bent theirs towing RZrs [almost worth it I'm sure]...

but are the frames weak -

should I avoid towing or loading those receivers...

perhaps reinforce them?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya I was pulling the RZR out and I was abusing it. It only bent the bracket a little. Normal use will not bend them.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I also think the plow was mounted to the front reciever.
Sounds like a excessive side loading of the recievers to me.

·
Registered
127 Posts
got a 6' plow on mine been plowing all winter and not taking it easy never bent the frame just the plow. I think the reciever hitch ones have a problem because you are point loading there instead of spreading out the load with a frame mount

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my new spare tire mount is interchangable from front or rear receiver... just a piece of square tubing up at sharp angle the compliments from bumper but also rear... it wont be on the car for round-town CK driving... but only on the long hauls. if I have passengers and want the back tailgate down it will be upfront - unless in a nasty incline situation.

sound like too much load or leverage? anyone try this before me?

I also think the plow was mounted to the front reciever.
Sounds like a excessive side loading of the recievers to me.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That is ok for the hitch. Those others were slamming on it.
I have a home made spare tire carrier for my 650. It does have a bar that ties into the rear frame upright tube just under the bed, so as not to be wobbly and bouncy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is ok for the hitch. Those others were slamming on it.
I have a home made spare tire carrier for my 650. It does have a bar that ties into the rear frame upright tube just under the bed, so as not to be wobbly and bouncy

PCP Donny did something with mine at the base with lock nuts so it wont drive me crazy too. Glad to hear it wont wreck my frame though... thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts