Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had a broken frame ?Went over a jump the other day and heard a metal to metal pop.:mad: I haven't stripped it down to bare frame yet,but so far I haven't seen any damage. Help ! Any idea's.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
CV or differential could've been in a slight bind and when you landed it popped maybe. Try jacking the frame at different locations and then inspecting the frame, sometimes cracks don't show themselves until you stress the frame in different areas.
Let us know what you find out. I've jumped my XTZ several times with no problems from the frame. But I've installed the frame bracing and A-Arm bracing that UTV Crap sells. Probably one of the best $220 you could spend if you're going to get airborne in these machines.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Couple of things that might have banged are the steering shaft where it runs by the frame under the front storage. Or it might have been the brake peddle. The peddles are kinda loose on the shaft sometimes. If you grab it and move it back and forth quickly maybe it will duplicate the noise. Also the steel cooling lines can have a metalic sound if the hit something on a hard landing. How much air are we talking here?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
frame

I had about 3' of air with me and a co - pilot.But I landed front end first.The steering shaft does have some wear marks where its rubbed on the bracket.When I move it out of the garage in reverse I can hear a metal click type sound when it first moves,but after that I don't hear it no more.Thanks for the info guys,I'll check those things out.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts