Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAHA - o,k now that i have everyones attention - on my stock 09 700xtx i can turn steering wheel to the left and it rotates about 380 degrees and to the right it rotates about 560 degrees - and turning this sharp the steering arm rubs against my right front tire rim-- visually it looks like the tires are aligned properly - i am wondering if there is a malfunction in the steering box?

Any input would be great - eg. what turn radius your machine has?

·
Registered
491 Posts
yup you steering box is about 1/3 of a turn to the left . jack it up wheels off the ground and rotate left and righ until you have equal amounts of rotation left and right . then check the tie rods for the equal amount of threads showing from the nuts . most likely the tie rods may have been changed and someone didnt know how to set the toe in , and tried to make the steering wheel straight with the tires without removing it from the column and making it stright with the tires and steering box . good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah - i got it all aligned & toed in with equal amounts left and right turn - but the thread amount on the tie rods is not the same?? maybe they put a jobber rod on and it is a bit different?? i will run it like this for awhile and see if i have any issues--Thanks for the tips guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts