Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there . This is a great site. I bought an 06 650 prowler that took a hard hit in the right front . An A arm was replaced as was the axle . The new axle tends to pop out of the dif from time to time . What could be causing this to happen ? When i push it back in i don't feel it "click" into anything if its supposed to . I must not be getting it all the was in cause when i lock the dif in 4 wheel drive i hear it kind of clunk or growl then the axle pops out . Any ideas ? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I took the axle out and the c clip is on the axle . I"m preety sure i have it seated all the way in and will watch it for a while to see if it pops out any more . What would be worn out on the inside ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it held up to some pressure when i tried pulling it out . if it happens again i wonder if i got 1 of the oem replacement drive shafts that needs the little o rings behind the snap ring . I saw some talk on that subject in 1 of the other forums about the xtx front dive shafts popping out and AC said that was the solution .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it seemed to hold up to some pressure . if it happens again i wonder if i got an oem replacement shaft that needs the o rings behind the c clip . i heard talk on that subject in another forum and xtx owners had the same problem and AC said that was the solution

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The o ring is not gonna fix anything. Give it some thought. A rubber o ring is not gonna stop the force that it takes to pull a axle out. If yours does pop out again My money is on something is up with the frame or a arm having a issue. But it could be that yours was not seated all the way to begin with.

Been there done that. O-rings don't do shiz-nit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts