Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Phoenix,Az. Have an 08 prowler, with less than 1000 miles on it. It seems the front gearbox has broke.any ideas what would cause this?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I live in Phoenix,Az. Have an 08 prowler, with less than 1000 miles on it. It seems the front gearbox has broke.any ideas what would cause this?
What broke what is it doing? Sorry Welcome to the forum

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Drain your front diff., use a magnet to see if you can find any big pieces. Sounds like the gear is damaged.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Welcome to the best prowler site,cool picture,lets us know what you find I would say gear or the welds on the pin broke.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
We're you in 4wd and hard on the gas when it broke?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No , two wheel drive, and just pulling out of the driveway. Have had some leakage around the fwd actuator, but check gear oil level often.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
No , two wheel drive, and just pulling out of the driveway. Have had some leakage around the fwd actuator, but check gear oil level often.
I believe the leak you had around the front actuator was the o-ring on the shaft that en- gauges in and out when put in 4-wheel drive,mine was leaking at 500 miles,when I took mine apart the o-ring was put on wrong from the factory, part of it had rolled out of the groove on the shaft and was deformed.when you put it back together put a little grease on the o-ring before you slide the shaft back in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts