Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my front deferential makes a bad noise and doesn't pull. How do I pull it out? From the top or the bottom? :confused:

·
Registered
250 Posts
pull the wheels, pull the hubs,drain the oil, pull the axles, disconnect the locking diff. electronics, unbolt the diff and pull it straight out of the bottom, just be sure not to damage the electronics on the way out, and remember to use dialectric grease on the connectors when throwing it back in.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'll add an easier step, leave the hubs on the axles and take them out as one piece. Keeps you from having to break that big nut loose, much quicker. I had this down to 10 minutes flat when I was trying to get the shims right.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'll add an easier step, leave the hubs on the axles and take them out as one piece. Keeps you from having to break that big nut loose, much quicker. I had this down to 10 minutes flat when I was trying to get the shims right.
great tip! that will shorten tear down time for sure

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Was this done on a lift or jack stands?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. I got it out and pulled it appart. Man what a mess:eek:. It dynamited and ruined the ring gear, case, and bearings.
After assesing the damage I priced out the parts and now I'm looking for a complete replacement.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sorry to hear its a complete loss.. never fun, hopefully one of our members can help you out with some parts... fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Not sure if this was your issue, but when you get a new/used one remove the tack welds on the locking pin and weld that pin all the way around on both sides. Just a little bit of added insurance that a member from a different site gave me. Added a picture of the piece I'm talking about. I don't think I remembered to take a picture of it after I had it completely welded.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts