Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took everything apart and came to pull the axles....no go. Theres a grooved area and a compression ring that should collapse but wont!! One side leaks oild and I cant get it appart. The Dealer has had it for 1 week but seems to be flabergasted!!!:cool:
Any takers out the to pull differential axles???:confused: A special puller or something...need help ppplllleeeaaasse..:D

e-mail me at [email protected]:(

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Do exactly what SandChris said, lol

I have heard on rare occasions that some axles never come out and you have to remove the diff and take it apart. true story

But push that axle in and jerk the **** out of it. Straight out! it takes a few tries to just get it right and it will pop out. The clip will colapse on these newer cats and you should get new clips.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch Guys....Been Jerking it for a while...not going anywhere...thinking of Icing the internals of the hub a whiled and then jerking it again!!! If not then I'll have to make a hydraulic puller somehow.. Have a good week & Let you know how it ended!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have never had a problem getting stock axles out , a couple of hard jerks by hand. i have used an axle puller (basically a slide hammer) you can usually get or rent one from a auto parts store or your cat dealer. if its a gorilla axle , i have heard that if you drain the differential and fill it with diesel fuel and let it sit over night it will really help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant Pull Hubs from Diffs!!!

Maybe black powder?
Took it to the dealer a week ago:cool:, went back today with my great Idea of Icing the Hub to shrink the axles!!! No Luck Duck is my new Handle:confused:!!! I threatened to break one side of the casing to get inside but the dealer wants another go at it:D. He thinks he can drill the hub on one side and punch it through that side and pop the oposite hub out:rolleyes:!!!! Wish me luck ...another day scratching my already bald head lololol
Post more Ideas if you can think of one!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe try the other side.And if the other side comes out then try to put something in and tap it out.Sometimes one side is easier than others.
Hey...just wanted to thank you all and give you how we finally did it without to much damage.
A - Fouf a Hydraulics repair shop for Cylinders
B - asked them to jig a hold of Hub A and clamp hub B
They have a 12 ton puller for a hydraulic cylindey tear down bench. Than baby pulled it out and both side came out the same way!!! Wish I had a camera...pictures are worth a 1000 words.
C - All we did after that was press seal and bearings off and voila, realy to clean.
D - with a schematic we have re assembled it and its fine with new rotating stuff like seals and bearings. It is amazing the abuse they take guys.
If you need pictures of what we did I will post later K
Secret is a Hydraulic Cylinder tear down bench!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cat makes a puller for the axles I've got two of them its a slide hammer set up works good.tell your dealer he should have one

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealer had the usual Cat Puller..... good guy and a wealth of information!! Now I have to apologize for the overwhelming amount of spelling mistakes lolol sorry guys!!! Hey hope you got the just of what we did in the end!!! Short version is Hold axle A and clamp axle B..the pull the handle and let the hydraulic bench tear it apart..The design of the Diff is what protecs it I believe and thats why it came apart with all that force...I wanna go Prowlen now lolol have a good one fellas!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
hey

I had a honda once that wouldnt come out had to turn it in to insurance and replace the hole diff and axles.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think I know that girl I was married to her. Had to trade her in too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts