Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the forum and just got and 08 650 prowler that one of our older hunter had at the hunting club.It is bone stock so i put on some 27" mudlites and 14" ss rims.It dosen't have the front diff lock so i would like to know if it could be added also i am go to order the dyntech cdi box and you can also get the coil upgrade do u suggest on getting both of them.Thanks for yall help and a great forum yall have made.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt know if i could add it to the ac didnt cost me a dime the man give it to me when he got a new 700 efi and his had the diff lock so i just thought i might could add it for under 500 i would do it.Do u think it is worth adding the front lock.Im going to go ahead and order the cdi box.What about the clutch upgrade.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I didnt know if i could add it to the ac didnt cost me a dime the man give it to me when he got a new 700 efi and his had the diff lock so i just thought i might could add it for under 500 i would do it.Do u think it is worth adding the front lock.Im going to go ahead and order the cdi box.What about the clutch upgrade.
You will need the lever in the dash, the cable, the bracket that bolts to the side of the diff, the diff side cover and the right side axle from a diff lock model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help so if i call ac dealer and order all new parts then ill be set?Dont u think it is worth effort doing for the peformance i will get with all four tires pulling

·
Registered
20 Posts
Diff lock is a life saver in some of the areas I run. At steep rocky or muddy hills, and mud holes the diff lock make a world of difference. I only engage it when I see a place that needs it....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Forgot, you will also need the fork that pulls the collar up on the end of the axle, the collar itself, and the spring that lets it return when the cable is flipped to the off position. Also a new axle seal for that side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will add that to the list for tomorrow thanks for your help.I have 27 mud lites is there something better than those i can get.I dont wont outaws zilla are edl i have run them on my 650 h1 and they r to ruff for everyday riding i might throw the 32 silverbacks on the prowler if i put a lift oneday just to see what it will do.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Diff lock is worth its weight in gold where I ride.

It is a must have in my opinion.

I think I have the the cable and bracket for the diff as well as the dash lever.
I will see if I can locate it and make you a good deal on it. As I switched over to 3.1 axles to run the H2 motor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be great if you can find them and i will take them off your hands.Thank for the help and going out of your way to look for them.Yes they are the radials xtr's they ride great and pull really good.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Still looking for diff lock parts????
I found the cable, diff bracket, and lever
0502-905 LEVER,DIFFERENTIAL LOCK-ASSEMBLY $15.59 - 0487-037 CABLE $53.59 - 0502-942 PLATE,CABLE-BLACK $7.79

Will sell them for 1/2 price and ship priority mail to ya on my dime if interested and in USA.

77/2= $38.50 shipped USA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Judging from personal experience it would not be worth it to add diff lock in my opinion, with front diff lock you run the risk of stripping your front diff out, ive been through 2 front diffs on my 650H1 from using diff lock, i just left the cable unhooked the last time to prevent any further problem

1 - 17 of 17 Posts