Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to arctic cat also. I just bought an 06 prowler xt. The question I have is when I start it up I noticed there is a lock light on the dash but when I put it in 4x4 and pull the lock switch the light on the dash doesn't come on. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to arctic cat also. I just bought an 06 prowler xt. The question I have is when I start it up I noticed there is a lock light on the dash but when I put it in 4x4 and pull the lock switch the light on the dash doesn't come on. Thanks for your help.
Welcome,Im sure someone with an XT will let you know. Ive got an XTX with an electric diff lock so I cant help you.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome! I'm in the same boat with joe, I have an xtx.. I'm having problems with mine as well.. my 4 wheel drive works but not my locker... good luck, I'm confident you'll find the answer to your question here

·
Registered
583 Posts
Your diff lock is a lever you flip down correct? Look at the front diff on the passenger side, you should see a bracket bolted on with a cable going through to the diff. Have somebody pull the diff lock while you watch at the diff, it should move about 1/2 inch maybe a little less. If its moving but not engaging completely you will need to adjust the cable until theres a little tension when NOT engaged. Its really easy to adjust with the axle out of the diff :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 06 650 XT does not have a light that lets me know when it is in or out. What light are you seeing? Park brake ligh?
When I turn the key on there is a light on the gauge that says lock. I thought it might be the diff lock light.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I get home tonight I'm going to check and see. But last time I tried it the light didn't come on.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Just checked my 07 XT when I hit the 4wd switch the indicator shows up on the display and then I flipped the Lock lever. I did have to move the Cat and turn the wheels a little but the "Lock" indicator did show up under the 4wd on the panel. I'm new here also just got mine in June, I did get to try the 4wd out climbing some piles of dirt from a dump truck. Worked great, better than the rail buggy I used to have. Hope to try some trails soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried mine when I got no lock on the display and the diff didn't lock. Going to try adjusting it tomorrow. Do you adjust it down on the diff where the cable bolts to the bracket? Thanks for all the input guys. I love this thing so far!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I tried mine when I got no lock on the display and the diff didn't lock. Going to try adjusting it tomorrow. Do you adjust it down on the diff where the cable bolts to the bracket? Thanks for all the input guys. I love this thing so far!!!!
Yes down on the bracket. Theres a nut on either side of the bracket, loosen one up and tighten the other and this will loosen or tighten the cable. You probably need to tighten it up a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might want to check that the cable is still attached to the lever at the dash too. Mine wasn't locking and I discovered that the cable pulled loose from the lever behind the dash. It was an easy fix, just reinserted the cable into the bracket at the switch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guy's thanks for all the info. I got it adjusted and it locks but the light doesn't come on everytime but oh well.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts