Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the console.
Went really good, hardest part was cutting the engine cover, just a mental thing. Went easy once the jig saw button was pulled.
I cut the template out of the instructions and taped it to the cover with packaging tape. Pic 1. Then after cutting it with a fine toothed metal blade in my jig saw, (pic 2) I took the part I cut out (pic 3) and installed in in the back of the console to keep crap from getting into the bottom of it, while off roading. I glued it in with plastic cement and caulked it on both sides. (Pic 4) After drying I installed it in the Prowler. It was kind of hard to reach some of the lower bolts, to put the nuts on them. So I wrapped one of my fingers with tape, sticky side out to stick the nut too, then reached under and started them on the bolts. It was fun to do, took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. Wife had to come out and hold the wrench on the front bolts under the front side of the firewall to hold them while I ratched in the bolts from the inside. She loves it! Also have the V bag installed, she has plenty of room all her stuff, now. (pic 5)
The suggestion to put the plate in the console was from GTroyer! Thanks for the great idea, Gary!
Here it is all done in pic 6.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Any problems or extra steps to pull the engine cover?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cool man both look good, my Prowler already has the console but I think I might get a V bag at some point.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I looked at those several times, really adds a lot! Very nice install! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Looks good. Nice work!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just figured that little front console butted up against the engine cover on the ones I've seen. I didn't realize they required cutting it up.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
After seeing how the V-bag fits you could chop a few inches off the bottom to lower the cage and still use the bag without any other changes.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I thought about getting the factory cover when I installed the alternator. Figured that if I needed room I could use the area under the console to put the set up under it..

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Here are some pics of the console.
Went really good, hardest part was cutting the engine cover, just a mental thing. Went easy once the jig saw button was pulled.
I cut the template out of the instructions and taped it to the cover with packaging tape. Pic 1. Then after cutting it with a fine toothed metal blade in my jig saw, (pic 2) I took the part I cut out (pic 3) and installed in in the back of the console to keep crap from getting into the bottom of it, while off roading. I glued it in with plastic cement and caulked it on both sides. (Pic 4) After drying I installed it in the Prowler. It was kind of hard to reach some of the lower bolts, to put the nuts on them. So I wrapped one of my fingers with tape, sticky side out to stick the nut too, then reached under and started them on the bolts. It was fun to do, took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. Wife had to come out and hold the wrench on the front bolts under the front side of the firewall to hold them while I ratched in the bolts from the inside. She loves it! Also have the V bag installed, she has plenty of room all her stuff, now. (pic 5)
The suggestion to put the plate in the console was from GTroyer! Thanks for the great idea, Gary!
Here it is all done in pic 6.
Turned out great,very good job....how much was the factory console.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts