Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finished up changing front and rear diff.replaced fluid with amsoil 80/90 syn.also relocated my front bladder, did not like the bladder just being clamped to the vent on the front diff.left fluid level 3/4 inch low.have never had any leaks in the past. no shavings in old fluid just black looking.:(

·
Registered
432 Posts
finished up changing front and rear diff.replaced fluid with amsoil 80/90 syn.also relocated my front bladder, did not like the bladder just being clamped to the vent on the front diff.left fluid level 3/4 inch low.have never had any leaks in the past. no shavings in old fluid just black looking.:(
You may want to dip a magnet into the old fluid to see if it comes out "hairy":(

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I haven't looked but worth a look if you haven't .... does our rear ends [front n rear] need anti friction fluid added ??

additional BTW's .. my Diesel peacup calls for anti friction modifier and I add it one ounce at a time as all of the rearends require a lil different amount do to how tight the friction plates are [or better said how worn] .. add too much and you'll have no limited slip

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may want to dip a magnet into the old fluid to see if it comes out "hairy":(
good advice,I did do that,nothing but normal,that was the first change on the diffs.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts