Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first start up the prowler and drive it out of my drive way and turn there is a first inital knock in my front end. it seems to do it when the suspension compressed and im turning, but i dont have a problem with it on the trail or high speed could it be my steering or cv shafts i was told to pull them and pack more grease in there. is there any truth to that opinions please... everything is tight up front and 4wd workd great i dont have a locker, 07 650 h1 should i be concerened or just drive the piss out of it haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a similar problem, found the front shock mounts (lower) way too tight. Try loosening the mounts and see if the sound goes away.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My noise was tires hiting the bumper when susp. compressed and turning.
I too thought front end but noticed paint rubbed off of bumper and found a clearance issue.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only thing rubbing in the ft end is the stupid parking brake cable but its deffinitly a solid noise, ill try the shock mount idea and see what happens

·
Registered
421 Posts
My buddy and i have 09-10 xtz`s and they both do it,backing up and turning.usually the first ride of the day,just 1 pop then it doesnt do it any more.havnt located the noise yet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi There ,
I was wondering if you still have the noise ? I have a klink or 2 when I turn . $ wheel drive and suspension still seem fine .???? Any suggestions ??

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Mine is just like the others, I got a used 07 this year and it pops only once in the front end when I first pull it out of the garage. Haven't found the noise yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same issue only the first time when I backed out of garage. Mine hasnt made it sense I put new shocks on and changed mounts. Dont know if that fixed it or what, but it certainly stopped.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine did it once a day until i sold her, i never had a clearence issure or anything and nothing rubbed or fell apart i just dealed with it, my steereing rack mount plate cracked and i re inforced it but the knock was still there?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Mine had the knock and it turned out to be the rear up rite from the frame to the dash and the under hood storage box the retaining bolt backed out tightened no more knock!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts