Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty happy with my 7.5mi/gal on my last ride considering I had around 250+ in the bed dragging a 200+ trailer. The wheeler got around 10 with about 100lbs on it.

Anyone know what their burn is? Bring any gas on long rides?

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I don't (to date) carry spare gas, but our rides are in areas that have service stations that we use. I always top off before any extended ride. We usually ride between 80-100 miles a day, and have between 1/4 - 1/2 tank left.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I was pretty happy with my 7.5mi/gal on my last ride considering I had around 250+ in the bed dragging a 200+ trailer. The wheeler got around 10 with about 100lbs on it.

Anyone know what their burn is? Bring any gas on long rides?
2 years ago at hatfield and McCoy trails I checked mine and it was around 15 mpg but since then I changed carbs.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
That sounds about right, I'm getting somewhere in that neighborhood also.

·
Registered
561 Posts
my wild cat is pretty good too. on a full tank I get 80 to 90 miles on a tank now that the clutches are dialed in. On our last ride of 50 miles I was down 3 bars. Seem to run better with my maverick exhaust than with the stock one.
I took it off because the heat was melting my box. I need to put a heat shield in and then I will put the back on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
120-140 in my xtz topped off very well

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I get asked about mileage often people think I should be getting 40 mpg! :eek: It ain't a moped. :p

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Understand that one! I think 15-20 mpg is doing great on the trails!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess if its really loaded and in low gear your going to get about half of normal.

Some of those numbers a really impressive.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
120-140 in my xtz topped off very well
we're in the same range here .. but have been both higher and lower depending on low range use

·
Registered
404 Posts
we're in the same range here .. but have been both higher and lower depending on low range use
Cruising around 40-50 on most the tank you can see right around 160 and with low range I've seen as lil as 100 to the tank. So they are tedious and can either do horrible or very well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts