Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their cooling system dribble on your floor? I installed a catch can, but noticed the level would raise after sittting overnight. I kept watching it and it never failed! After a ride yesterday, my Prowler overheated! The catch can was completely full! I went out this morning and the cooling system had drawn all of the coolant back into the radiator! Started the Prowler, and the an cycled on at 140 degrees indicated! I thought maybe the fan/coolant sensor was toast! Going through the cooling section of the manual, I found that the thermostat needs to be indexed when installed! Air bleed on the stat at the 12-6 position, mine were at 10-4! Re-indexed it and Prowler is running fine! Simple thing that I never gave any thought to! Thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Has anyone else had their cooling system dribble on your floor? I installed a catch can, but noticed the level would raise after sittting overnight. I kept watching it and it never failed! After a ride yesterday, my Prowler overheated! The catch can was completely full! I went out this morning and the cooling system had drawn all of the coolant back into the radiator! Started the Prowler, and the an cycled on at 140 degrees indicated! I thought maybe the fan/coolant sensor was toast! Going through the cooling section of the manual, I found that the thermostat needs to be indexed when installed! Air bleed on the stat at the 12-6 position, mine were at 10-4! Re-indexed it and Prowler is running fine! Simple thing that I never gave any thought to! Thought I'd share.
RD great find,without a manual who would of thought of that.wonder if that's some of the problem you had before.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

Good info .. whoda thunk

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes me wonder! Hell, I've had the stat out so many times, pull it rather than undoing the hoses. Never, Ever gave it any thought!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to drain a little coolant out of the recovery tank, I had the system over filled. Recovery tank is from a XTZ machine, found it on ebay for 5.00 dollars, bought a factory bracket and bolted it on. Nice little system, and easy to service!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts