Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided to share some pictures of my shop/garage. I have 1200 sq. ft. of garage space, 10 ft. ceilings, and very well insulated. I keep the temp at 60 - 70 during the winter, and so far it has not bankrupt me! I have a stainless steel welding bench, heavy duty fabrication bench (beat the hell out of sheet metal), 200 Sq. ft. of overhead storage, Flammable cabinet, a sheet metal brake, and my miller 185 wire feed. I have a small office that I watch nascar on! It has been a godsend to be able to go out there and work any hour of the day, and not disturb my wife! Sometimes I even let her come in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Very nice. Lot's of room to work!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm jealous....

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
nice work shop ,i could realy use that space right now!!

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it was a long time coming, but when we built I was able to build the garage in the first stage for tools, and equipment while we finished the rest of the house. Next project may be a UTV track to tear things up at. I have a swamp, and a pond, and one section is low so we get slippery clay to get stuck in!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Looks and sounds like you got one heck of a spot there!! thanks for the pics.. very nice

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Now lets see the race car......:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Very nice set up RD,a man needs a cave just to get away.NICE.:cool:

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1979 Ford Fairmont Station Wagon, 514 Big Block Ford, 10 Point Cage, Narrowed 9" Rear-end, Lincoln Dash with Auto-Meter Gauges, reverse opening hood. I put a another rear back half under it, and shortened the wheel base by 7 Inches.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
514 BBF Tri-Power Set Up with Offset drive MSD distributer. Wiring Compartment between frame rails. I'm getting to Old for this S---!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
RD,I think your getting younger,looks like a little more work on the drag car than there is on the prowler........:D:eek:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think you need to make some custom motor mounts and drop that thing into the Prowler.... Of course space might be limited. So you might be sitting on it....:D Should be plenty of power....:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I think you need to make some custom motor mounts and drop that thing into the Prowler.... Of course space might be limited. So you might be sitting on it....:D Should be plenty of power....:D
Shane,the headers might melt the plastic off the prowler...........:D

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is my Nitrous motor, took the kit off of it. Didn't feel the need for NOS on the street. Tri-power worked great, Ah back in the 60's and the HP Wars from the big 3, hell even AMC went Pro Stock Racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
garage

Here is a few pictures of the garage,I got the idea from RD,my daughter and wife calls it my man cave,my daughter bought me a man cave sign that I have in there.I have a giant beer cooler,wood stove the wife wouldn't go for having gas in the garage,she said I got 13 acres of trees,which she is right,I dont mind burning wood,and like RD I have my TV for all my motor sports,and a nice tune system for my wed and fri garage nights with my buddys.BUT STILL NOT BIG ENOUGH................:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great pictures Mike, Boys and Toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is mandatory where I come from! The wife has her cave in the basement, I got the garage for mine. At least that's what I claim when she's not around!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'm jealous my garage shrunk. I had to add a laundry for my wife in mine, arthritis in her knee made the basement stairs too hard to climb. I have a walk out basement maybe I can knock out part of the concrete wall and put in a garage door.....got a wet bar down there:D

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, when I first built, I had 1200 SF of garage, and 900 SF of living space! We finished off the first build in about 4 months, lived in the 900 SF for about 2 years, wife very unhappy! Added the additional 1000 SF with a walk out basement. WIFE NOW VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
some of my shop .. sorry no indoor pic's
shop inside is 2000 sq. ft. + 800 sq.ft. overhang ... threw in a couple of the last visitors [about 25 ft. from the shop door]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
some of my shop .. sorry no indoor pic's
shop inside is 2000 sq. ft. + 800 sq.ft. overhang ... threw in a couple of the last visitors [about 25 ft. from the shop door]
Nice size garage Gary,that's the size I need,really like the overhang.and your two pet moose.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts