Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if there is already a thread on this but here goes. My gas pedal is hard to push and has been since day one. Are they all like this? Its hard to push so you take off like a rocket and then let off and almost stop and again and again, thank god for those head beaters behind your head. I have gotten use to it but the wife and other drivers can't even drive the thing. I have read other places about this but no fix. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and a cure?

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
They have different springs on the pedal available, mine was very stiff (2009 700XTX), I ordered one off of the 2009 650XT. Big difference! I noticed it as soon as I drove Bryans!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RD, Probably a $5 part and $20 shipping from AC HUh

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Thanks RD, Probably a $5 part and $20 shipping from AC HUh
I can believe that, but if you have luck like I did on an exhaust header you'll get a rejection email saying sorry we don't make those anymore.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I just put a padlock on my spring!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have different springs on the pedal available, mine was very stiff (2009 700XTX), I ordered one off of the 2009 650XT. Big difference! I noticed it as soon as I drove Bryans!
I ordered one from Country Cat $4.99 + $4.15 shipping We'll see how it works... Thanks RD

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Quick fix on mine, hope t works for you!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the spring in today, maybe I can put it on this weekend to.... Boy I better get busy on this thing.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Let us know how it worked. Seems later models went with the stiffer spring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put the new spring in today, WOW what a difference. Thanks RD

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Little things make us happy! LOL My wife refused to drive the Prowler, but once I changed the spring she is OK with it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little things make us happy! LOL My wife refused to drive the Prowler, but once I changed the spring she is OK with it!
I know exactly what you mean. And I have been dealing with it for 3 years, I kinda got used to it, but still didn't like it. What a difference.
I appreciate all your help RD.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
So far on the wildcat forum there has been around 10 of us that has switched to the stiffer speedwerx throttle spring....The way the rapid response clutch engages,it makes the take off a lot smoother

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
who is that masked man who just posted

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Yes indeed!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On my 2010 1000 XTZ the stock spring was so stiff it was hard to take off, you would push real hard and when it did finally take off it would launch like a rocket so you would let off and back and forth, would give you whiplash. I changed it to the 700 spring like RD told me and now it is much easier to take off but it is maybe a little to light because now bouncing over rocks and holes it is difficult to hold in the same spot.:(

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just swapped the spring in my 700 hdx last night to the speedwerx's spring and it is certainly stiff. I did notice that it seems easier to hold your foot down though. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I just posted about this in another thread, but I will add it here also.

I installed a Wildcat pedal and I am having great difficulty in mastering it. The spring is very weak compared to my original XTZ spring. So far, all I do is jerk on and off throttle as I try to move. At each jerk, my foot reacts by lifting too quickly or depressing the pedal too quickly. It does not seem to be the pedal design, it appears that the weak spring is the culprit. I will keep working at this to resolve my problem. I think my next move is to install my XTZ spring on the Wildcat pedal assembly. If that does not work, I will try the Speedwerx spring.

Any suggestions will be welcomed!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts