Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the frame out on my 08 650 xt and during tear down I noticed the rear strap on the gas tank was missing the screw it might be a good idea for you guys to check yours out. I also had a really loose bolt under the front storage box, the dash bracket bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine (in it's original form) and two other machines that have come thru the dealership had broken off screws in the tank strap. We tapped out the holes to a little bigger and installed a bigger screw....
I think this is one of those things that the engineers didn't plan on the supplier giving them cheaper grade screws...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope it it backed out and is gone when I get the new frame I am gonna use a bigger screw with some lock tite.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
mine had stuff loose and missing in several spots, in past posts the suggestion [and I agree 100%] don't trust your fun or life to any assembly line .. go over your rigs especially new ones with a fine tooth comb and your tools re-check all of it

·
Registered
733 Posts
My dealer informed me that many of the botls/screws when installed from factory don't use lock tite or any form of thread sealer. They were pretty good in the service dept. for me and went over a lot of the ones that usually back out and did it for me before I picked it up new. Keep an eye on the the bolts that go in to your engine where the header attaches too.. I've had issues with them past.

M

1 - 12 of 12 Posts