Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a bracket to the frame rail of my Prowler near the motor mount on the driver's side. This supports the Oil Line Tee, and Sending unit, also provides a ground for the body of the sending unit and hobbs switch. I used a hose clamp to secure the Tee, and ground wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice Job! i'm going to put one on mine as well.. thanks for the pics

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the time I get done adding stuff, the Prowler will exceed most weight limits on the roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Did you mount the bracket to the bottom of the frame? That didn't interfere with skid plate mounting? I'd have to pull off my Warn skid plates just to get a view under there and idea of likely where you mounted it.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mounted on top of the frame rail.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Seth! Congrats on the new title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dick

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Did you mount the bracket to the bottom of the frame? That didn't interfere with skid plate mounting? I'd have to pull off my Warn skid plates just to get a view under there and idea of likely where you mounted it.
Shane,can you just pull your Warn side cover off without dropping the main skid.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Shane,can you just pull your Warn side cover off without dropping the main skid.
Yes I can. The Warn plates have 3 large center pieces and then the 2 large bottom/side pieces. I can take any of them off without pulling the others off.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shane, you could use a corner brace, I think Lowes has them in thier hardware section. Mount to the outboard side of your frame rail, and keep the top of the bracket even with the top of the frame. You could access through your side panel. You are not supporting much weight, just trying to keep the Tee from twisting on the hose connections

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Shane, you could use a corner brace, I think Lowes has them in thier hardware section. Mount to the outboard side of your frame rail, and keep the top of the bracket even with the top of the frame. You could access through your side panel. You are not supporting much weight, just trying to keep the Tee from twisting on the hose connections
I'm going to finish wiring everything up on the gauges and run my wires to where my senders will go. Then I will pull off my floorboard and any necessary skid plates to get a better look at things to plan the install, but yours looks pretty good. Leaning towards that at the moment.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It worked out great, and you can see it by removing the dog house to check for visible leaks. Good luck, and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts