Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start off, I put my 2010 XTX in gear (high or reverse-doesn't matter) I have to increase the rpm in order to get in gear and get going.
This causes it to "lurch" if I am not careful, much like a snowmobile. My quads don't do this, when I select the gear, it is in gear. Can someone help?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I think the clutch doesn't engage until it hits around 1400 rpms, if it has a clutch kit it could be higher. Engine idle for my '07 650 XT is between 1250-1350 rpms, what rpm is your clutch kicking in?

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Yep, that's correct! Mine was a few hundred too high, and it wanted to grind before engaging. When I was adjusting it, I went to low and it would not engage unless I bumped the gas pedal. I have it at 1350 RPM's and it engages great. I need to adjust the mixture because it has a rough idle, but can't get the A/F mixture needle to budge. I'll have to look at it further when all this overtime at work winds down. I haven't talked to you guys, let alone my wife for weeks! 104 hours straight and 1 day off, really sucks!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yep, that's correct! Mine was a few hundred too high, and it wanted to grind before engaging. When I was adjusting it, I went to low and it would not engage unless I bumped the gas pedal. I have it at 1350 RPM's and it engages great. I need to adjust the mixture because it has a rough idle, but can't get the A/F mixture needle to budge. I'll have to look at it further when all this overtime at work winds down. I haven't talked to you guys, let alone my wife for weeks! 104 hours straight and 1 day off, really sucks!
wow thats some hours.....what do you do........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i was up to the lake for the weekend. My prowler is idling at 1350 rpm, but the clutch does not engage until 1650rpm. I chacked many times and it is consistent. Any ideas what to do?

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
That is normal! The design of the clutch is like a torque converter in an automatic transmission. Until you hit a designated RPM it will not start to deliver power to the transmission. 1650 sounds perfect for a stock machine. Just takes time to get used to the throttle on these things, Arctic Cat does have a lighter accelerator spring that may soften take offs.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
wow thats some hours.....what do you do........
I work at a chemical plant, we make HDPE and LDPE raw material. We are very short handed at the plant due to Baby Boomer retirements. we lost more people than we hired and loose more all the time. So the overtime is just killer. LyondellBasell - Polymers is the website for the company, I'm at the CLO plant. Clinton Iowa.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I work at a chemical plant, we make HDPE and LDPE raw material. We are very short handed at the plant due to Baby Boomer retirements. we lost more people than we hired and loose more all the time. So the overtime is just killer. LyondellBasell - Polymers is the website for the company, I'm at the CLO plant. Clinton Iowa.
sounds like you really stay busy..........:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts