Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking for some advice on the corrct position for the shift arm on a 2006 650 prowler. I had just finished replacing the bevel gears and didn`t pay much attention when I removed the shift arm from the gear shifting assembly. See attachment for a view of the item I`m interested in.

I tweaked it until it worked reasonably well, but if anyone knows precisely where it should be positioned then please let me know. The easiest way to describe the correct position would be to suggest that it should be at (for example) 3 o`clock when in neutral (or high or low)...you get the point!! :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I can't recall and my 650 is gone now.

But I would put the shifter in low and then put the tranny in low and match up the shifter arm with the link rod.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That`s pretty much what I had done Riddler, but if the shift arm is not in the correct position to start with in (on the splines of the shaft), than the adjustment is still not quite right.....make sense?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks desertcat, appreciate you taking the time to make note of that. I'll be checking mine when I get to my cabin this weekend.

All the best!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the engine cover off, slid it into reverse - I was at 5 o'clock too. Seems to be working fine. Thanks again desertcat!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts