Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
de3 was asking about a gear ratio for an 06 650 prowler, I think it is 4.0 ,9 tooth pinion gear, 36 tooth ring gear

·
Administrator
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 700 XTX's came with 3.6 rear ends. 10Tooth pinion, 36 tooth ring gear. I think the XTZ's came with a 3.9 gear set

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Man the XTZ would be a torque monster with the XT gearing.:eek:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You got that right. Or just put a turbo on it!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
it don't need the extra gear , believe me when I saw it's got plenty of balls in stock form , and then ya still have low gear and low lock to go.
many times I run very steep and difficult stuff in high 2x 'cause I forget to drop into 4x or low gear do to it being so gutsy .. I know it's harder on it but the power is so strong it will pull it through .

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
it don't need the extra gear , believe me when I saw it's got plenty of balls in stock form , and then ya still have low gear and low lock to go.
many times I run very steep and difficult stuff in high 2x 'cause I forget to drop into 4x or low gear do to it being so gutsy .. I know it's harder on it but the power is so strong it will pull it through .
I rode a xtz in 2009,that thing was a power house stock.IF it had the XT gear you wouldn't even need low range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts