1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey Seth Can you order a filter for mine? Thanks

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Darn it Joe I had one sitting in the garage when you came up Saturday. I wish you would of said something.
Ohwell, Its just thats below my cost as an Amsoil Dealer. Thanks:rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have used Fram, K and N, Amsoil, and a Napa filter on my Prowler and noticed that they are all shorter that the Arctic Cat filter by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I'm using cat filters only now, assuming that there is more filtering media in the can. Also cat filters are nearly the same price. Just my 2 cents!

Goon

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have used Fram, K and N, Amsoil, and a Napa filter on my Prowler and noticed that they are all shorter that the Arctic Cat filter by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I'm using cat filters only now, assuming that there is more filtering media in the can. Also cat filters are nearly the same price. Just my 2 cents!

Goon
Size has nothing to do with whats inside .Fram filters are as large as they get and have the least amount of filter media inside. Many filters are Larger than others but DO NOT Filter as well.http://www.bestcovery.com/best-oil-filter

·
Registered
90 Posts
I guess I will open up filters once I'm done with them to see whats inside and to see what the media is like along with the drain valve, I agree looks of the can could be decieving, thats why I assumed the cat filter MAY be better. I will let you know my findings!

Goon

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I guess I will open up filters once I'm done with them to see whats inside and to see what the media is like along with the drain valve, I agree looks of the can could be decieving, thats why I assumed the cat filter MAY be better. I will let you know my findings!

Goon
There is a website that did just that I saved it but cant find it, I am an Amsoil Dealer and wix is an Amsoil approve filter to use. Mobil 1 Oil stinks but their filters are good, Amsoil warrantees For oil related failures in your engine for the length of the extended drain time if you use their oil and filter, I am not trying to sell it to anyone it is just GREAT ! Oil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts