Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I stumbled across my first UTV a 08 prowler 700xtx efi overall in great shape the previous owner stated it would not shift into neutral and it looked like the motor has been split apart at some point. It had good compression all the electronics works it shows having 99hrs and just over 1000miles. I picked it up for 1500 so I feel safe even if I need to throw some money into it for a perfect running machine . I will be asking a lot of question in the near future.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the nut house , have fun here and throw some BS this way as we will you :)

fill in location and signature lines so sometime later when you ask a question we'll be able to reply without asking a question as you heading on this page won't show up :)

some good single cylinder guys / wrench heads so ask away when your not sure .

ON EDIT …. OK OK enough fun on the single cylinder guys heads … their knowledge here is amazing for sure !!

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Welcome to the site! Great people, and a lot of knowledge based on experience! Can't go wrong with that price! The 700 EFI is a great package, if the miles are right, you should still have the turf saver rear end. Many people have had issues with it, and convert to a locked rear end. I've got 6,000 miles on my 2009 700 XTX, and the turf saver is still working like new. If you change fluids in the rear differential make sure you use the Arctic Cat lub with the friction modifier. I change the differential lub 2-3 times a year (it may or may not have helped, but my turf saver is still working so who knows!). I use my for plowing my drive, and pleasure riding, more riding than anything! Again welcome!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well I stumbled across my first UTV a 08 prowler 700xtx efi overall in great shape the previous owner stated it would not shift into neutral and it looked like the motor has been split apart at some point. It had good compression all the electronics works it shows having 99hrs and just over 1000miles. I picked it up for 1500 so I feel safe even if I need to throw some money into it for a perfect running machine . I will be asking a lot of question in the near future.
Sounds like you gt a great deal for 1500 dollars.keep us posted and welcome to the best prowler site.............:)might check the shift linkage...........

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Mine did not go into neutral once, ended up just being a linkage adjustment. Also had to re-route the shifting cable, it was binding up. I took the cable off the shift arm, found neutral and adjusted the cable to match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, I got the prowler in the shop and it looks like the shifter linkage is not set right. So I plan on pulling the right side cover off and see what's going on inside.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
welcome to the nut house , have fun here and throw some BS this way as we will you :)

fill in location and signature lines so sometime later when you ask a question we'll be able to reply without asking a question as you heading on this page won't show up :)

some good single cylinder guys / wrench heads so ask away when your not sure .

ON EDIT …. OK OK enough fun on the single cylinder guys heads … their knowledge here is amazing for sure !!
I had two cylinders in my 650 at one time, new engine installed.......old engine in the bed :D

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the family!!!!! good luck with your new rig:D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Did you bolt the engine in the bed.......lmao:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:
Stood it on end and hooked a propeller to the output shaft, it was a Cat - Copter :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I see creative minds are at work in Missouri! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts