Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am still fairly new here but here is my ride. just picked it up last aug. it is currently -8 outside and no chance of riding any time soon. damn do i pray for warmer temps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
don't let the cold weather stop you,,,,,,,you just gotta put your big boy pants on and get out there,,,,,,:D:D riding in the snow is the best,,,,ive been out at 30 below !!!!:eek::D 42 days til spring,,,,here anyways

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i am still fairly new here but here is my ride. Just picked it up last aug. It is currently -8 outside and no chance of riding any time soon. Damn do i pray for warmer temps.
nice,i like that windshield (factory a/c) just close it in and put a heater in it.................:) i dont ride much in the winter either i dont have any b
ig boy pants......lmao.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Winter riding is fun, but we use our snowmobile! Use our. Propeller for pushing snow.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
you close that thing up with doors and a heater isn't necessary IMHO … in fact you'll be opening a window /door to let some heat out or it will be raining inside :)

winter gear is an important investment choose wisely and you ready for all seasons ride … I'm like Mike winter - temps aren't a big deal .. my rig is not fully closed up as I have half doors and no heater, but clothed up right and it down right warm in there as the darn engine will damn near run ya out. I do have to remove the summer time insulation I install as it's toooo hot in summer in side .. when it's 90-100 outside it will cook ya without the insulation.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you close that thing up with doors and a heater isn't necessary IMHO … in fact you'll be opening a window /door to let some heat out or it will be raining inside :)

winter gear is an important investment choose wisely and you ready for all seasons ride … I'm like Mike winter - temps aren't a big deal .. my rig is not fully closed up as I have half doors and no heater, but clothed up right and it down right warm in there as the darn engine will damn near run ya out. I do have to remove the summer time insulation I install as it's toooo hot in summer in side .. when it's 90-100 outside it will cook ya without the insulation.
Very true Gary ,nice clothing makes a big difference.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
it don't come cheep but well worth the investment if ya like the outdoors … in my case it's hunting gear also , but they have non hunting type material also that is like snowmobile or hell just plain cold weather gear.

spend a full day out in sub zero temps and ya better have high quality gear or cut your hunt short and arrive back at the truck freezing cold and that lasts for hours.

think I spent over a hundred bucks for my gloves alone

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
it don't come cheep but well worth the investment if ya like the outdoors … in my case it's hunting gear also , but they have non hunting type material also that is like snowmobile or hell just plain cold weather gear.

spend a full day out in sub zero temps and ya better have high quality gear or cut your hunt short and arrive back at the truck freezing cold and that lasts for hours.

think I spent over a hundred bucks for my gloves alone
Fatcat/Rob sent me a link on some nice gloves,i think they are around 70 dollars,i probably have 10 or more pair and my hands get cold in all of them.total of all the gloves i have bought is well over 70 dollars.....i think the brand he told me about are CHOKO Brand.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Nice ride, Gary that looks like a HDX I don't think he'll get the same engine heat that you get since it sets back farther.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
my only 'sperience with SxS's is friends Rhino and my A/C .. both configured about the same open with roof and shields .. mine much hotter than his but either are warm after the engine warms up with spirited runs :)

sorry if my experience doesn't hold true for others, but the clothing will help a bunch and makes a non usable rig usable in sub zero temps.

BTW did not take any negatives on that reply as a slam so no worries :) .. sometimes I-net replies don't give meanings in replies >

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, it is a 2012 HDX 700. It is a pain to start below zero. Might be time to get a battery. I bought the windshield and roof the day i bought it. i then got the back window a month later with full intentions to get the doors but they are over 2 grand so it may be a while.
I bought the engine heater but havent installed it yet.
there isnt much heat off of the motor in the summer so i dont think it will help much.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
my only 'sperience with SxS's is friends Rhino and my A/C .. both configured about the same open with roof and shields .. mine much hotter than his but either are warm after the engine warms up with spirited runs :)

sorry if my experience doesn't hold true for others, but the clothing will help a bunch and makes a non usable rig usable in sub zero temps.

BTW did not take any negatives on that reply as a slam so no worries :) .. sometimes I-net replies don't give meanings in replies >
I insulated my engine cover to hold back the heat and sound dang thing felt like it could burn you in the summer but during the winter it would be nice to have that heat back. I have a heater in mine and do have to turn it off from time to time, it is nice to have the defroster.
Know what mean it typing ain't the same as a conversation and sometimes the wrong meaning can come across.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
well your location alone says you'll need more than the avg. guy LOL damn cold there for long winters with arctic blasts dropping down from the plains provinces above ya.
if you don't get summer heat from the engine then you'll need the heater for sure !!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I insulated my engine cover to hold back the heat and sound dang thing felt like it could burn you in the summer but during the winter it would be nice to have that heat back. I have a heater in mine and do have to turn it off from time to time, it is nice to have the defroster.
Know what mean it typing ain't the same as a conversation and sometimes the wrong meaning can come across.
almost makes ya want to buy a "winter" dog house / non insulated one so ya don't have to rip out the summer insulation.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
almost makes ya want to buy a "winter" dog house / non insulated one so ya don't have to rip out the summer insulation.
Seems like I've read somewhere that some have cut a hole in the doghouse and used a computer cpu fan to pull in engine heat. Maybe one these I'll experiment, the heater I got from Summit Racing takes up my under the hood storage.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
ok you do it and let us know how it turns out LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
ok you do it and let us know how it turns out LOL
I went for a 15-20 mile ride to check out the new tie rods, everything seems good and handles much better. It's around 15 degrees, snowing and wind blowing, I think with the heater I'm going to take the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
seems like i've read somewhere that some have cut a hole in the doghouse and used a computer cpu fan to pull in engine heat. Maybe one these i'll experiment, the heater i got from summit racing takes up my under the hood storage.
you know that is a good idea................fan in the dog house.:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have been looking into this heater. Looks like it would work. i even found a pic of it installed in a polaris.
doesnt look to bad for 216 bucks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
take a look in summit racing they have pretty much the same thing for 144 dollars free shipping

1 - 20 of 20 Posts