Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a 2010 prowler 1000 with walker evens shocks and dynatek rev box...who makes a fair priced mid travel kit for these and i need a good long lasting hard to puncture allterrian tire for mountain hard/intermediate terrian the contenders are gbc dirt commander 8ply bias or gbc grim reaper 8ply radial or kenda bounty hunter 6ply radial thanks the help.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
just got a 2010 prowler 1000 with walker evens shocks and dynatek rev box...who makes a fair priced mid travel kit for these and i need a good long lasting hard to puncture allterrian tire for mountain hard/intermediate terrian the contenders are gbc dirt commander 8ply bias or gbc grim reaper 8ply radial or kenda bounty hunter 6ply radial thanks the help.
WELCOME aboard,great site,great members,as for as your tires anything 8 ply will give you a very stout side wall tire,If you go to six ply I like the BigHorns,lot of guys like the 2.0 because there lighter,I like the orig BigHorns myself.If you go to longer a-arms can you still use your shocks.:)

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome as far as fair price I dont think you can use that term when buying parts for a UTV.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I agree with Joe, I don't think you can find anything for these for a fair price...:D I've browsed before for some longer travel a-arm kits, and I couldn't find anything that was affordable. This might be complete kits with shocks and all (can't remember) but everything was at least $3000 plus....:eek: I don't get it, I purchases extended a-arms for my sport atv a while back and I think the kit cost me in the ballpark of $500. UTV stuff is the same thing, just a little more stout. So I don't see why so much more money... I think just because it says UTV like Joe said....

·
Registered
414 Posts
As stated above, anything related to UTV performance (or even general parts) are generally marked up pretty high. There are ZERO budget long travel kits out there. As de3 stated, you can't beat the original Maxxis Bighorns for longevity and durability. BTW, welcome to the site (best Prowler forum out there!).

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Pit Bull Rocker Uber tires also .. but don't know how tall they get as I run a "stock" 26.5 size .. they are 8 ply.

the only other tire I would run is the original Big Horn's [but that's just me]

Hey Mike .. you sure 'bout being able to use stock shocks on a lift kit ????

welcome to the site as said before good helpful dudes around these parts.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Pit Bull Rocker Uber tires also .. but don't know how tall they get as I run a "stock" 26.5 size .. they are 8 ply.

the only other tire I would run is the original Big Horn's [but that's just me]

Hey Mike .. you sure 'bout being able to use stock shocks on a lift kit ????

welcome to the site as said before good helpful dudes around these parts.
Iam not sure about using stock shocks with lift kit I think there is guys that do,but I dont think stock shocks will work with long travel.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sorry .. I meant stock length Walker's shock

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what tires?

thanks for all the help guy,im going to buy tires today im undecided either gbc grim reapers or origonal kenda bounty hunter 6ply radials these are the only tires in my price range i need longest wear and best overall tire

·
Registered
414 Posts
Judging by the lugs, I'd say the Grim Reapers would last longer than the Bounty Hunters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts