Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 650 prowler has been in shop for three weeks, got a call today saying it going to cost me 4000 - 4500 to go thru and fix. I don't really want to invest anymore money in it. He offered to sell me a used 09 650 prowler. W/ 80 hrs. On it for 6250. What do y'all think? Sounds good.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
My 06 650 prowler has been in shop for three weeks, got a call today saying it going to cost me 4000 - 4500 to go thru and fix. I don't really want to invest anymore money in it. He offered to sell me a used 09 650 prowler. W/ 80 hrs. On it for 6250. What do y'all think? Sounds good.
Yea for sure,I dont think I would put that kind of money fixing up a 2006 model.how many miles on the 2009..........whats wrong with the 2006 model.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
what kindof shape is it in ?? is he taking yours in on trade ?? whats he gonna give you for yours??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 09 has only 240 miles on it. The 06 has a bad crankshaft,clutch issues,carburator ,bent exhaust valves,bad 4wd actuator timing chain, just for starts .. He take 500 on trade.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
The 09 has only 240 miles on it. The 06 has a bad crankshaft,clutch issues,carburator ,bent exhaust valves,bad 4wd actuator timing chain, just for starts .. He take 500 on trade.
I know at my local dealer I can buy a complete motor for 2650 thats everything less carb..I have a almost new carb for sale.sounds like a pretty good deal on the 09.If you decide to buy the 09 I would keep the 650,you can get more than 500 dollars out of it

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I know at my local dealer I can buy a complete motor for 2650 thats everything less carb..I have a almost new carb for sale.sounds like a pretty good deal on the 09.If you decide to buy the 09 I would keep the 650,you can get more than 500 dollars out of it
I agree with Mike. $500 is a joke offer for that Prowler, even with a busted motor. You can either decide to buy a new motor and stick with your 650, or spend the extra money for the '09 and hold on to your 650 and rebuild it or sell as is for more than $500.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
All things considered, if your 650 is in good condition other than the power train, I'd invest in a new engine, it would have all new parts, including the clutch. Front actuator is around 150, engine 2650, couple of days work and you end up with a good machine for 3000. Downside is it is an older model, but it's yours and not the banks, and it would be worth more than 500!!

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
All things considered, if your 650 is in good condition other than the power train, I'd invest in a new engine, it would have all new parts, including the clutch. Front actuator is around 150, engine 2650, couple of days work and you end up with a good machine for 3000. Downside is it is an older model, but it's yours and not the banks, and it would be worth more than 500!!
i second that,,i had an 08 prowler that came out real nice that i owned it had a motor noise so i traided it in for a rzr that i didn't like,, then i traided that in for my xtx wich i love but its not that much difference from my 08,,,,,if i could do it all over, i would have just put a new motor in it,,,insted i have a loan for 7000.00 ,, what kind of shape is your prowler in besides the motor the red one was my 08 the orange one is my 012 xtx

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i second that,,i had an 08 prowler that came out real nice that i owned it had a motor noise so i traided it in for a rzr that i didn't like,, then i traided that in for my xtx wich i love but its not that much difference from my 08,,,,,if i could do it all over, i would have just put a new motor in it,,,insted i have a loan for 7000.00 ,, what kind of shape is your prowler in besides the motor the red one was my 08 the orange one is my 012 xtx
Heck the 08 looked good also.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
My 09 will die with me! Lots of life left in both of us! LOL

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Not me, Somebody else!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I am leaning towards the 09. I should probably told you the 06 has 7000 miles on it and has a rough life in the south Louisiana swamps.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well I am leaning towards the 09. I should probably told you the 06 has 7000 miles on it and has a rough life in the south Louisiana swamps.
WAS that the original motor in the 2006,I think I would just go for the 2009.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
well now that we got the rest of the story LOL

agree get the new one keep the old one and part it out but $500 is too low

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
now that we have all the info...........go buy the 09 I need to buy one of the seat latches off of you............lol :D;)

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Now that does change things, be like beating a dead horse!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes 2 yrs ago at 6000 miles I had to put a new cylinder and piston in it. It had been using a lot of oil ever since.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts