Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurricane Sandy is on her way my best to those effected. de3 I just read on a ABC blog that "5:19 PM EDT: The Weather Channel is now reporting blizzard warnings in West Virgina." are you in the area?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
thanks for asking,iam close but still a couple hours away from where the heavy snow will be.but we are still prepared after junes storm not taking any chances.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I would actually like to get a little snow in East TN but that would mean alot of other people would get hammered so not worth it. de3, unless I'm mistaken your north of Beckley right? I've been to winterplace several times and I would say they would be happy to get some snow there!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Daryle,iam 2 hours north of beckley,iam sure beckley will get some snow.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the snow hits you could add one of these to your Prowler and go to work.;)

ArticCatandATRonSkis-3B.jpg ArticCatandATRonSkis-20B.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
snow

neet set up,they might need that up in the mountains.there saying they could get 2 or 3 feet of snow in the mountains of wva.:(

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our F.D. has considered getting the wheeled version of it or make a slide in unit for mine until they have the funds to buy their own UTV. The problem with the slide in on the Prowler is the short bed, the HDX would be better if they buy a Cat.

The local horse ranch gives riding lessons and we go there a few times a year picking up riders who fell off going through the woods or cardiac problems. We've even pulled out horses buried up to their bellies in the mud along the banks of the Missouri River.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I want some snow!!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
i bet that would be a heck of a pull getting the horse out of the mud,and DJ if you want to ride in some snow you better take off now ,it will take you 2 days to get here and by then it might be gone temps here in the high 30's

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Good luck to all. Play it safe and be smart.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
flying121,thanks for your concern iam prepared after last storm in june i had my garage wired to run the whole house and bought a new honda 6500 watt inverter iam ready.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
These storms can be life changing events.

I need to get a 6500 gen. What model did you go with? I looked at the Yamaha they are nice but pricey.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
honda Inverter EU 6500is electric start,its got a monitor that tells you battery volts,rpm's hour meter,and how many watts its putting out,on wheels with handles.very nice toy. at the honda shop 4400 dollars i got it for 3750 delivered to the door.its got 0 hours right now,the wind is really picking up here now. and it is as quiet as my 1000 watt honda inverter.

·
Registered
561 Posts
honda Inverter EU 6500is electric start,its got a monitor that tells you battery volts,rpm's hour meter,and how many watts its putting out,on wheels with handles.very nice toy. at the honda shop 4400 dollars i got it for 3750 delivered to the door.its got 0 hours right now,the wind is really picking up here now. and it is as quiet as my 1000 watt honda inverter.
wow never occured to me there are people I know from here in that area. Now I see where your coming from. I thought we got hit bad but this is worse. Hope you weather the storm sounds like you got your stuff together. I have not seen that much snow here since may of 1997. I was sledding down the transcanada high way. Good luck keep safe.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
storm sandy

we got lucky,my area in wva got little wind,no snow,and no hours on generator.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts