Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My harnesses came with a tab with a hole in it on one end and spring loaded hooks to mount the lap ends. But if I use the tabs and drill holes through my bar the belts are too long. Did I buy the wrong ones or is there an adjustment like getting rid of the tab and running the harness through something else? Anyone got any closeups of their harnesses and bar?

·
Registered
491 Posts
My harnesses came with a tab with a hole in it on one end and spring loaded hooks to mount the lap ends. But if I use the tabs and drill holes through my bar the belts are too long. Did I buy the wrong ones or is there an adjustment like getting rid of the tab and running the harness through something else? Anyone got any closeups of their harnesses and bar?

if i understand what your saying. your shoulder belts are too long when mounted to the tab and bar? i ran into this with my Crow harnesses . i had to throw away the tab and wrap the harness around the bar and run it back thru the bucket thing . pulled it up tight to the bar . if you wrap the harness you need to put something to hold the harness in place and keep it from sliding left to right . i was going to use some 1/4'' cold roll steel bar and weld it in place but with the RZR seats the Y style harnesses dont fit over the back of the seats right . so another thing i have to change . but safety first .

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i understand what your saying. your shoulder belts are too long when mounted to the tab and bar? i ran into this with my Crow harnesses . i had to throw away the tab and wrap the harness around the bar and run it back thru the bucket thing . pulled it up tight to the bar . if you wrap the harness you need to put something to hold the harness in place and keep it from sliding left to right . i was going to use some 1/4'' cold roll steel bar and weld it in place but with the RZR seats the Y style harnesses dont fit over the back of the seats right . so another thing i have to change . but safety first .
Yup thats the problem with mine, but I don't think I have the thing to wrap them around the bar and double back through. Looks like my craigslist find wasn't such a find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts